How can a car hood be worth this much??

That is insane

I have a feeling this muscle car price thing is gonna croak like baseball cards

Pablo said:
That is insane

I have a feeling this muscle car price thing is gonna croak like baseball cards
Iagree totally with you! I think the next generation are going to more interested in the "Tuner" cars as collectible. They won't even know or care what a COPO Camaro or Yenko is and could care less.

and to think 3 years ago there was a orriginal 69 R/A TA for the price of that hood, about 4 miles from the house.

TurboIndian said:
and to think 3 years ago there was a orriginal 69 R/A TA for the price of that hood, about 4 miles from the house.
And this summer I knew where there was a complete '69 RA IV car that had been disassembled for restoration that was for sale with all parts and even a spare hood to go with the original hood! If I would have had the garage space and the time to finish the restore I would have purchased it to complete my collection...dam! I'll have to ask the guys daughter if I see her at the car show in a few weeks, his daughter is a Trans Am fanatic also.

I guess its all in what someone knows somebody is willing to pay. I suppose Dodge figures if someone can afford a 90k dollar Viper than they can afford a 15k dollar hood if they wreck the thing.

duck.jpg

well i was going to but an 01 viper gts coupe at the salvage sale that needed a hood a headlight and a front bumper cover

front bumper was $6500
hood $17000 from dodge

needless to say i passed

well i was going to but an 01 viper gts coupe at the salvage sale that needed a hood a headlight and a front bumper cover

Thats crazy man. I looked on e-bay and there was a NOS Viper hood for $12,500!!!!!! seen a few used ones that were damaged real bad, stilll going for $200. I dont get it, I sure wouldnt buy a Viper now knowing what the parts cost...

Holy sh1t!

I could trade just about anything I drive for one of these and still owe.

I would have to turn the hood into a coffee table. But that won't work.....my brown bottles would slide right off. Afterall, I have made it my life's work to to spill as little as possible. There are children going sober in Stoughton! lol

If that is a true ram air4 not three the car is more rare than any alum block camaro or copo anything. The ram air 4 heads were a race only casting that has exhaust ports larger round that a beer can,no BS. and more than likly is a super duty lower end. Pontiac was going to produce a hemi style engine also but the gas crunch hit. The heads alone Id say are worth as much as that hood. I would be more than willing to check for you. :wink:

Holy Cow!! For $11grrrr there had better be a car attatched to that hood, good grief that's rediculous :eek: