How cold is.....

By-Tor

too cold. If I have it right, a car perform better when it draws in cold air. But is there a too cold for a car?

I'm talking about for the intake of cold air.

I'm sorry if this was hard to understand, I wrote when I got off of work and I was very tired. Hopefully I have cleaned it up a bit.
Also I was informed that I hadn't posted anything for a while and I decided to post something.

I don't think you can get too cold of intake air. If you have that little temp sensor in the air intake it is supposed to measure the intake air temp and then the computer adjusts the fuel to keep things in ratio....or so I once heard.

I love my GN when the air is cold and dry.

Cool. Thanks for the answers guys. I was pondering this while I was driving two days ago when the temperature dropped. I was thinking that there had to be some limit. Too bad in Iowa by the time the air gets its coldest and driest the roads become dangerous.

They were dangerous last night. It was my first time out in about 5 weeks or so. The temp went from 70’s to 30. I rolled into throttle at 30mph and it spun as if I were on ice. Be careful in the cooler temps as traction is a big problem.

Ive had subfreezing temperature inlet temps on a race car I used to work on at the beginning of the run. No detrimental effects :)