How do you feel about John Force at the Nationals

• He threw the race and should be suspended

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • He did not throw the race

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • He threw the race and should NOT be suspended

Votes: 36 53.7%

• Total voters
Not you too! Whats the matta with u. I thought u and I thought more alike.

Louie just stating the FACTS!!!!!

Do I agree with what he did NO!!!!

but bottom line is,it is a BUSINESS!!!!!!

JF has to answer to people just like you and I!!!

JF does has ALL 4 cars in the count down now if I'm not mistaken!!!!

Dusty,
He did by throwing the race against Height. Snowball effect. Now he guaranteed in the countdown and finals. Then Ashley beat Ped. At this point he is again in control. My son who loves her thought I was some kind of voodoo magician when i called the races. The whole thing went like the WWF. Scripted. Roberts motor expires just before the finish line? You dont think that was set up too? Immediately after that other stunt he pulled ? Come on... Ashley winning the US nats is many times more profitable that if Height won...

Now what if Ped won the round and raced Height. Force still had a say in the race , based on the fact that Height got in on the basis Forces intentional actions.

Ped was the only variable in the whole thing. Traction wasnt a variable, neither was the weather. When you take those two equations out , they can make that car blow up at 660 feet or 800 feet if they want.

I can't say if they tuned Hight's engine to blow and give Ashley the win or not. His e.t and mph were right where they normally are.

We can't blame anyone other than NHRA for this crap. The points chase is gay and encourages this behavior when teams are involved. I'd much rather see a team with their act together wrap up the points with 3 races to go than the games the teams now play with the chase. It gets back to the old saying. Don't hate the player, hate the game. I wouldn't want to see anyone throw a race or a round, but they did what they had to do to play the game.

Just 1 question. How did Force determine the outcome of the race? He did what he had to do to guarantee his 3 cars get into the chase. It did not effect the outcome of the race. Ashely won the race because she eliminated Pedregon and then her own teamate Hight.

Force ran Hight and lost. He threw this round to guarantee he gets all 3 cars into the points chase.

All Pedregon had to do was beat Ashley and it would have been a Hight/Pedregon final but he didn't beat Ashley.

I don't agree with throwing any race but to say he determined the outcome of the race isn't correct either. Had John laid down in the finals against Ashley so she could get her 1st US Nationals win, I'd feel totally different.

I'm 100% with you on this one. Ashley got the job done and I'd bet she would have taken the old man down too. John did what he needed to do. The system they race in is not perfect and he took advantage of the opportunity(who's fault is that?). I'll say John could have done a better job botching the run, but I guess he might just have wanted to piss off all the whiners in grand fashion, he did that, then the NHRA doesn't do squat... Insult to injury.

I like Mike Dunn, but I think he needed to keep his mouth shut, I can tell you if I was John ESPN's last interview would have been at Indy 09. :eek:

Dusty,
The whole thing went like the WWF. Scripted. Roberts motor expires just before the finish line? You dont think that was set up too? Immediately after that other stunt he pulled ? Come on... Ashley winning the US nats is many times more profitable that if Height won...

Ped was the only variable in the whole thing. Traction wasnt a variable, neither was the weather. When you take those two equations out , they can make that car blow up at 660 feet or 800 feet if they want.

Louie, I think you are way out of line to make the assumption that they would botch a engine tune to blow at the end of a pass. Remember Scott Kalitta? I don't think anybody take the chance of what could happen when a motor expires at 250+.

Cruz and Tony needed to get the job done,since they know what John might do at this point it was never more important to win a round. I'm pretty sure $hit was being slung by them before ESPN made such a point of the interviews.... They fell short. Karma's a bitch isn't it? :biggrin:

Predegon should have run faster and he would not sound or look like this..... So because his car was slow it's now JF's fault he is out of the competition. I always find it amusing when people blame others for their failures. That's the great thing about Baseball. No one else to blame but urself when you fail to perform like those around you.

Everyone seems to be stuck on what JF did vs. what Predegon didn't do which was run as fast as his competition. Cheating..... more like strategy.

Attachments

• crying baby.jpg
    crying baby.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 100
Louie, I think you are way out of line to make the assumption that they would botch a engine tune to blow at the end of a pass. Remember Scott Kalitta? I don't think anybody take the chance of what could happen when a motor expires at 250+.

:biggrin:

I maybe out of line , but your explanation has no merit. You think that tuning a motor to give up at the 800 ft mark was any more or less dangerous than the stunt Force pulled off? Intentionally driving 6k HP car off the groove then trying to "save it". His actions were just as dangeous.

You can call the Peds anything you want. They are not angels. But they called it for what it was.. as has everyone.

wow i couldnt believe all the racist comments those nazis where leaving:eek:

Yeah its pretty rough over there. Here we can have a "spirited discussion" over there .. well you can see they can be really bad.:redface: