How fast is my car ?

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
I have owned my car a little over a year , its tuned very well and all the upgrades are in my signature , Hypothetically speaking , a set of drag radials , What time in the 1/8 and 1/4 should the car run ? I know this would be an educated guess but any thoughts ? its a full car . My hopes is to get in the 11's . Thank You Keith

Can't answer your question but your ta49 combo has been around since the invention of dirt, bet if you searched something like "how fast with a ta49" you'd answer your own question with enough material to keep you reading till your wife yelled at you to come to bed, have a ball.

HAHA , Yea I get my set up is old but hopefully see the 11's . I'm gonna have to upgrade my converter to maybe a 2800 stall .

Another search tip is use vs, example "ta49 vs".. Have found some interesting reading as it usually brings up pros & con's etc.

the parts capable mid 11s maybe a little more with good air and a good 60' ... but your mileage may vary and may barely get out of the 13s depending on how it leaves , boost run and tune

forget the ET since thats a factor of the launch the grip and converter but once it can run the 1/4 tune for mph and it should trap around 115+ at 25psi or so

HAHA , Yea I get my set up is old but hopefully see the 11's . I'm gonna have to upgrade my converter to maybe a 2800 stall .
Nothing wrong with old, but why do you think you need to go to a 2800? If its tuned as good as you say the 49 should spool just fine with a stock converter, if u have stock cam its small makes power at low rpms so in theory moving stall speed up your loosing part of your power band..

Thats just that old combo I have heard of
If you do go higher on the stall maybe consider a 10.5" or 10" as opposed to restalling the stocker so at least you'll save some weight at the same time, think its around a ten pound difference.

I dont have experience running a ta49 and can't see your signature in tapatalk (is that ever going to change? Would love to,be able to click a user and see their sig) but with that turbo and goals of high 11s I would guess the stock converter is best.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

heres his sig with combo
87 GN bought Sept 15 , 65000 miles , My very first TB , Scanmaster ,Boost gauge , Walbro fp , Hot Wire , AFPR , RJC race plate and boost adjustment controller , 100 lbs valve springs , Julio Alky kit , 3 " mass air flow pipe w/ 12 " KnN air filter , TurboTweek , Ta49 , 60 lbs injectors . and a GN1 fmic, 3" Terry Houston Dp with 3" test pipe with an electric dump . LS1 and Translator. An enormous THANKS to my WONDERFUL WIFE KELLY ,my good friends Rodney Eaton and Kevin Winstead ( Comp Cams ) here in North Mississippi for all the help , knowledge , wisdom and answering probably some of the dumbest questions in the world ,
THANK YOU .
#7 Turbo Keith

Three T's of Turbo Buick drag racing.
Tune
Temperature
Traction

I ran 11.86 @ 113 in Bowling Green this year. 90 degrees outside.
On the stock engine with valve spring upgrade.
Stock turbo and stock intercooler.
E85 fuel.

Three T's of Turbo Buick drag racing.
Tune
Temperature
Traction

I ran 11.86 @ 113 in Bowling Green this year. 90 degrees outside.
On the stock engine with valve spring upgrade.
Stock turbo and stock intercooler.
E85 fuel.
Wow , In the 11's with only valve spring upgrade , That is impressive

Hypothetically speaking , a set of drag radials , What time in the 1/8 and 1/4 should the car run ? I know this would be an educated guess but any thoughts ? its a full car . My hopes is to get in the 11's .
a strong 49 running combo will 60ft in 1.5/1.6 range,run low7 in the 1/8 at 95+mph,115 to 118mph in 1/4 with an et of mid to low 11s.i don't see a built trans in your sig,running 11s you will need one.:)

If you do go higher on the stall maybe consider a 10.5" or 10" as opposed to restalling the stocker
i ran a 49 turbo into the 10s on 3200 10.5 protorque single disk lockup.the 2800 12 restall is a good idea as long as he doesn't blow through it and can lock it down,the stock motors need it tight.

i'm running the stock tranny and bout to install a shift kit . When it goes I'm probably gonna get a combo from David H . , I've read a lot of good things about him .

i ran a 49 turbo into the 10s on 3200 10.5 protorque single disk lockup.the 2800 12 restall is a good idea as long as he doesn't blow through it and can lock it down,the stock motors need it tight.
Not saying anything wrong with restalling a d5 just giving him something to think about..killing 2 birds with 1 stone raise stall & reduce weight. I'll always defer to someone with more experience but sometimes the little things are easy to forget.

Not saying anything wrong with restalling a d5 just giving him something to think about..killing 2 birds with 1 stone raise stall & reduce weight. I'll always defer to someone with more experience but sometimes the little things are easy to forget.
This will show my ignorance but when you sat " restall " the stock D5 , Does that mean removing it and having a converter place open it up and chage the fins so it will then have stall ?

Thank you Turbo Keith for posting this. I was about to post the same as I'm heading to Atco this month for the first time with my car and our mods are similar.

This gives me hope of seeing an 11.99 or better. Lol.

When are you headed to the track?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Wow , In the 11's with only valve spring upgrade , That is impressive

Quite more to it than valve springs. But only bolt on parts. I launch between 20 and 23 lbs of boost on the D5 and foot brake. I would say it was restalled at some point, no idea as it was in the car when I bought it 2 years ago. I had it freshened earlier this year.
I'm looking for 11.20's-.30's in colder weather.
The stock intercooler was doing all it could at the 1/8th mile and was completely inneficient by the end of the 1/4.

Thank you Turbo Keith for posting this. I was about to post the same as I'm heading to Atco this month for the first time with my car and our mods are similar.

This gives me hope of seeing an 11.99 or better. Lol.

When are you headed to the track?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Its been hot here in the south but maybe late this month