to young?

• yes

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • no

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

Brett Haynes

*Gold Supporting Member*
My mom thinks i shouldnt be building a drag car.I'm 17 and have 2 gn. So do you think im to young?

Yes or no is to simple for a question like this...And more info is needed, I know some guys that I don't think need a drag car and they're late 20's...They wouldn't be able to handle it, I really think they would kill them selves...And I know 16 years olds that drove better then anyone I know.

Just IMO... when i was 17 if i had a drag GN I wouldnt be posting this right now because Id probably be 6 feet under.

I think if you're wanting to build a 10 second DRAG car it would be OK if you have the financial means. If you are wanting to build a 10 second car to drive ON THE STREET, I would say you are too young. Although at 17 you, of course, are invincible, the person you run into probably won't be.

I have gone as quick as 8.60s at 162mph in the 1/4 in a blown, alky injected BBC powered 91" wheelbase Vega. That being said, my GN (mid 10s) can get away from you VERY quickly on the street. Experience is needed to drive a car like this on the street. It will light the tires from a 65mph roll at PART THROTTLE. My cousin took it for a ride with me in it a few years ago with the boost set low (around 18psi). It scared the living crap out of him.

It takes a mature, experienced driver with a ton of self control and common sense to drive a 550rwhp car on the street. Somone lacking these qualities will surely either kill himself, someone else or both. Listen to your mom. I wish I would have quite a few times when I was younger (dad, too).

A lot depends on the car I drove an 8 second rail before, and I can tell you my "slow" 12 and 13 second street cars are actually easier to loose control with. A purpose built(drag car not street car)car for just going in a stright line once you get the butterflies out you should have no problems with. So what you plan on building, and where your gonna drive it has a lot to do with it.