How Fast On 120s? (E85)

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
Curious how fast people have gone on 120s on E85. I've made 600hp to the wheels on 20psi but never made a full pass. Just curious as I think that's going to be my limiting factor on the new setup.

Curious how fast people have gone on 120s on E85. I've made 600hp to the wheels on 20psi but never made a full pass. Just curious as I think that's going to be my limiting factor on the new setup.

I trap at 123 to 125 but my inj dc is into tbe 90s at 21/22 lbs of boost so i dont push it. Full weight GN.

racetronix dual 340s, -8 feed and -6 return. Not sure if I'm pump, injector limited or both...

What pumps/fuel setups are you guys running? Sounds like dual 340s arent enough.

racetronix dual 340s, -8 feed and -6 return. Not sure if I'm pump, injector limited or both...

Run the psi at LS pressure, [4 bar], and the 120's become 141# injs. If the dc goes down, then the injs are the restriction. If it stays, it's a fp/volume issue.

Brent and I run large Aeromotive pumps and we also use e-85 fuel so we need lots of fuel supply and would not trust 2 340's in the tank.

Recently I installed 140# injectors from DW for a field test, and they are performing excellent, and idle is better than the 120's!

also on e85 here at a 1.84/gal. hard to beat. I run the twin 340's due to class rules otherwise I'd go external. Thanks for the tip. I'll increase rail pressure and log inj/dc.

I thought my DW300 would take me quite a ways with 120s, but after reading this, I may need more pump.

136 MPH with 120's at high 60's DC on e85?? What base pressure and what AF ratio?

404rwhp with 120's. Stock fuel lines, single Walbro 340, Hotwire kit, 61 turbo 28# of boost.

I've gone 133mph with some room left. Low fuel pressure, 42psi base. ~92% duty.

6.88 @101, showed 65% duty cycle, about 22 lbs boost, 67/66 turbo. Single walbro 430. Lifted left front tire @ 7lb launch foot brake.

I have been thinking about going to E85 as my car is set up for it other than the 83 injectors but I run 10.40's at 131 on pump gas and alky at 21-22 pounds of boost now and getting really good mileage with the ac on, Would it really help me that much

............... Would it really help me that much

Just my opinion, if you are running that well and safely on pump gas and are satisified at that level, I would not change anything! :)

If you want to step it up and run into the 9's, you might then want to consider e-85 and other mods like injectors.

I have 60's now so yes I know I need bigger ones but trying to decide on the size, I am thinking of a fast system with the flex fuel sensor, I have a 66 b.b. now would love to get the 6766 but a little at a time, I need to get it to hook up the way it is now, I am going to try a re-locator in the back and a friend has some Mickey Thompson radials I can try, Not trying to take your post just answering a question