How happy R U w/ the area that U live in???

Originally posted by streetmonsta
I have heard that San Diego is a great place to live. It is like 75' all year long and the people are real nice.

No doubt!!!!

But it costs a TON to live in SD!!!!!

I've lived in CA my whole life -- and in all parts of the state. It's a nice place to live if you can get into an affordable community and avoid all the fake people. It's a beautiful state that has everything: beaches, beautiful women, the ultimate car culture, high mountains with year-round snow, desert, and plenty of open spaces to get away from everything if you know where to go. Any coastal area is going to be too expensive for most people, and that's where all the lame people are anyway. Many inland areas still offer the chance to own a good chunk of land at a decent price, and you'll still be only 2-3 hours from a great beach. We're going through a lot of political turmoil now, but what else is new? California still sets the pace for the nation in many ways, so if you want to be where things are happening, this is it.

All that said, don't get dreamy-eyed. It's not the promised land any more, if it ever was. The state has a lot of problems and has gotten much more crowded. If you move here, you definitely gotta be open-minded and a problem-solver! I've traveled a lot and have seen many nice places to live. If the right opportunity came up, I would leave. Even so, I'm happy where I am. One nice thing about the state is that people of all kinds manage to get along, and most people are friendly.

I wish more guys would move to Maine, need more turbo cars up here,good air for turbos believe me.Jim

I'm happy where i'm at, only problem is reno/sparks kind of sucks for IT jobs, but that may change. have to see how things go.

Originally posted by d0n_3d
do NOT live in Indiana whatever you do...there's nothing but cornfields and the laws suck! i think we are the only state in the U.S. that doesn't allow alcohol sales on a sunday! (at least that's what i have heard)

it's BORING out here...and generally the people in this state are "fugly" lookin if you know what i mean...hard to find lots of cute females like you do in the southern and western states :)

What are you talking about, I'm from Corydon, IN (southern IN) and we have some of the hottest women around...also we have a pretty decent street racing scene both out in the country where their are no cops, and oh both sides of the Ohio river...I'm located in Delaware right now thanks to the USAF and I really hate this place, course I don't know many locals, but the ones I have talked to hate it here to.

Well V8killr, I was born in Tennessee, beautiful , but humid and hot. Lots of snakes and bugs also, but the people are great. Florida is nice, but you have the bugs and humidity to mess with. I have two family members there and I wouldn't go there for love or money. Indiana is nice for about 2 weeks a year if you live in Indy. Texas is nice, but you have the extreme heat and humidity again to suffer thru (went thru Dallas last Thurs. 3:30am, 85 degrees and 85% humidity) California is where I have been for 34 years. I love it, but we are so expensive and governmentally challenged right now. Job market for professionals is great most all times. I am up in Northern Cali now, but I do prefer the Southern part. People are much nicer there. It rains too much in the Pacific northwest, and most of Arizona is hot as hell (it's nickname) and humid alot of the time. So, there is my experience. Use it as you will. Good luck on your choice,,,, Mark :D

Mark,

One correction on the humidity thing, dont forget how big Texas is. Houston is definately humid , ugh, but there are a lot of places in Tx, Amarillo being one of them, that has very low humidity. We average around 25 to 30% most of the time I think. Of course with low humidity you get an almost desert climate and landscape. But once you get used to everything not being green because it doesnt rain every other day its OK :)
Arizona is the same way, almost no humidity there in most places. But it does get damn hot there. The wife was there a couple of weeks ago and it was 110 most of the time. Even with 10% humidty anything over 100 is HOT. We get a few days like that here every year, you just stay inside if possible.

Dave

Texas is about as diverse as any state could be. East Texas has pine forests. The Gulf of Mexico to the South. The hill country in central Texas, desert and mountains out in west Texas. You're up on the Edwards Plateau, and I am in the central plains. There is something for everyone here! I

guess California would be as diverse as us.

I think Omaha NE would be the best place to live for me. I live in Lincoln (50 miles west of Omaha and home of the Big Red) and it SUCKS! The women here are VERY STUCKUP and won’t give ya the time of day. In O they are very kewl and will sit and chat with anybody for fun. Strange thing is that some of the women that will talk to you while you’re in O live in Lincoln..go figure… Omaha is more diverse than Lincoln and much larger...

ks:cool:

Corpus christi Texas was rated one of the best places to live if you like to drive. No traffic and the roads were good. and nice weather. I might wan't to go there.