How many hours a week do you put in at work?

Pablo

I was just wondering what "regular" folk work on weekly basis.

I keep hearing this crazy story that people generally work 40 hours a week... Im wondring how true that is.

I work 40 a week, max, not subtracting for the pto days that I take, which is about 1 pto day every 2 weeks or so, which doesn't include taking off at least a week off at turkey day week and at least 2 weeks at Xmas time. God, how I love my job.

I work 5:30 am to 6:30pm Monday through Friday.

Now of the 13 hours a day that I am at work, I do about 4 hours of actual work. The rest of the time they have me sitting around doing nothing.

Your tax dollars at work...

interesting, keep em coming

btw, if I recently worked 40 hours for the week for a couple of weeks due to i guess a recent scheduling "glitch" (God forbid people have free time)

I didnt even know what to do with all that free time, it felt like a vacation

Btw Shane your seemingly wasted tax dollars (on manpower anyways) are more than made up for in the Marine Corps Airwing. We've sucessfully figured out how to squeeze blood from rocks :)

Generally a bit less than 40 hrs per week at the day job and about 30 hrs a week for my Buick related business.

The day job gives me 40 PTO days a year which isn't bad. I had 48 but when I reached my 10 year anniversary they took away 8 of them!:mad: I'm on salary there but I USUALLY am on the winning end of things what with leaving early a lot and coming in a bit late now and then. I am on call 24/7 so they don't have a problem with it.

Job A
37.5 hours a week with no OT ever. If it don't get done, finish it tomorrow! I just achieved my 10 year anniversary and that gets me 4 paid vacation weeks (Research Assoc.)

Job B
~15 hours a week driving a big rig p/t 3 nights a week (I have a Class "A").

Job C
12 hours a day for 15 different weekends during race season at Englishtown Raceway Park (Tech./Show Judge).

I do well enough to be comfortable at Job A but the p/t stuff gives me the oppurtunity to make some pocket cash for myself and keep me out of trouble. Besides I like getting paid to do things I enjoy like cars and driving! Oh and BTW, my wife is a stay at home mom.

40 & it is not enough $$

45 if I have to count my lunch hour as being away from home. :(

As for ON - Call duty 1 week a month for computer problems. I get a lousey $200 for 168 hours I figure that at $0.84 cents an hour. It BITES. :mad:

you all are going to hate me then....
shore tour in the navy, for the past 7 months or so, i was only truly at work an average of 15 hours a week, most of which was spent on forums....as soon as i start flying again i will be a 40+ guy...

and to lessen the :( toward me, comming off a sea tour with a squandron, there were some weeks in the 100+ hour range.....

Usually around 50-56 hours OT, but I can log in from home and work from there at nite and on Saturdays.

Steve

Rotating 12hr shifts

Same here

36 one week---48 the next---then 36 again and so on

Overtime now and then

Right now though we are doing a major project and I'm working 72-84 hours a week.

Oil Companies:rolleyes:

Typically about 40 hours, sometimes more because when I work at home the day really has no start and end boundaries.

The bitch is that in addition to the 40 hours of work, there's another 15+ hours of commuting to NYC per week. I rarely "work" during the commute (ride a bus), but sometimes I do.

So, total work-related activity is close to 60 hours.

Jim

Originally posted by Dusty Bradford
Same here

36 one week---48 the next---then 36 again and so on

Overtime now and then

Right now though we are doing a major project and I'm working 72-84 hours a week.

Oil Companies:rolleyes:

Sounds like our refineries use the same schedule. It'd be easier to handle if it was all nights or all days but flip-flopping (John Kerrying?LOL) every set makes you old before your time. I'm 38 but I don't look a day over 100!

bout 6 a week right now, plus 3 classes and 3 labs (more then enough on my platter) 40/wk during the summer, next to no OT usually.

SinistrV6

Yep, shift rotation is hard on you and the family. Divorce rate is very high here. I was lucky enough to work a 10 hour day-4day a week schedule for a while and was suprised how much more energy I had and "normal" I felt. Back on shift now and it's a good idea to excercise somehow, if I just had the energy:D

7th Grade Teacher

Probably about 55-60 at my first gig (7th Grade Teacher)
About 6 Hours Per Week at the second gig (tutoring)
About 6 hours perweek at the third gig (tutoring)

Oh and BTW I start graduate school in January

Does having a 2yr kid who is into everything count as a job also?
If it does 100 Hour weeks are common
Lol;)
Steve Chambers

I work shift work and on a average work week its about 55HRS, If our Dept. could retain staff It would be 40 HRS a week, 4, 10 hr day but now with 2 guys down its 5, 10 hr shifts + all of the late calls works out to be about 55

40-50hrs in the office per week, another 10 or so at home. If I have to travel, which I used to every other week, then its about 50-60 hrs a week....and I'm my own boss :)