How many original owners are there here

Bought my first one new in November 1988, it had just come out of the showroom window. Most people in my area knew the car because Amon Motor Car had my GN in the window until almost the end of 1988 when Buick told them to take it out. As dumb luck would have it I walked in the dealership about 5 days after they decided to sell it. They kept it in the window because as they said “people kept coming in to check out the GN”. Funny, they closed up shop after decades of business in the same location not more than 5 years after taking my GN out of the window. Maybe they should have kept it as a display piece.... :) Bad for them, good for me!

Ordered mine Dec 1986, came in June 1st 1987 with a blown rear, seems they never added posi fluid in the rear and from the 13 mikes that was on it the reaar locked up.

Two weeks later new posi installed and I picked it up, cost was 17k.

Oct 1st 1987 car is stolen from work and found 2 days later in lovely Newark, NJ. Damaged but repairable and still got her and family has grown to three additional TRs. All four are resting quitely in the garage.......lol.

Originally posted by Buicksx2
Ordered mine Dec 1986, came in June 1st 1987 with a blown rear, seems they never added posi fluid in the rear and from the 13 mikes that was on it the reaar locked up.

Two weeks later new posi installed and I picked it up, cost was 17k.

Oct 1st 1987 car is stolen from work and found 2 days later in lovely Newark, NJ. Damaged but repairable and still got her and family has grown to three additional TRs. All four are resting quitely in the garage.......lol.
Yeah, and one of mine keeps them all company through the cold winter nights. Although my GN doesn't like it when the 4 gang up on her and call her B I T C H! :eek:

Originally posted by GNX Guy
Original owner here. Also, I've been told that I may have the fastest original owner numbers matching car in the country.

Anyone go faster than 10.60 and is an original owner with numbers matching block, and trans?

Joe

Close. I've been 10.76 letting off right after the 1/8 due to detonation. 1/8 mile times were 6.70 @ 103.5. A little bit more tuning and I should be there.

I bought mine in Nov. 85. It was the second one to come to FL.

Purchaced mine Jan 4, 1988. $18,700 or so but more like 20k after the alarm and rustproofing.

I am not the "original" owner, but my father was. Title still bears the same last name...

My dad believed he was one of the last to buy one new in the country. A dealer went bankrupt in Ohio and shipped three to a dealer here in AZ. He bought the last one from that dealer for $18,540.

It will never leave my family... some day my son will drive it... wait a minute, he may have to inherit it as I did... :D

Vic

The Turbo T I just bought was from the original owner. THe window stickers says 16962 and he bought it in April 87. Its from Duke Buick in Augusta, GA.