How much better do E.T Streets hook?

WSLN 6

Powered by Murphy's Law
I can get E.T streets much cheaper than drag radials, so that is what I am going to use.
Will they hook much better than a Nitto or BFG?
I am looking forward to the traction......
Yes, I know, no racing in the rain.....:rolleyes:

There's not a big noticable difference between ET Streets and Slicks besides handling,better with the streets.World of difference between them and radials.

That's all I run on my TTA ,I had no choice since the 16" Mickey T's were discontinued.I was dead set on running the 16" stock rims.

I have pulled a best of 1.52 60 foot with them.

Also they don't handle all that bad on the street

JW

I agree completely. I've used both the M/T ET's and BFG's for years. On a dry track, the M/T's will provide a more consistent launch at higher boost levels, but are a HELLish ride on the street. Being a wrinkle-wall compound, they ride like slicks, which will get VERY old, VERY quick. The BFG's provide a nearly-perfect street ride, and awesome launches, but with slightly less consistency from run to run.

Overall, I've pretty much done away with using ET's completely, except for straight competition. If you're driving your machine on the street 90+ % of the time, like most of us do, you'll be much, much happier in the long run with BFG's.

Never tried Nitto's, though...

Originally posted by WSLN 6
Yes, I know, no racing in the rain.....:rolleyes:

Racing, hell, no driving! I have ET Streets, and if it is lightly raining, you are stuck where you are unless you want to kill yourself. They act like rafts instead of tires and your rear end is everywhere but behind your front.

While the BFG DR's are better in the rain than ET streets, he BFG's are dangrous too. I had a set of BFG's for about 2 weeks (Costco $109 each) until i hit a little rain...I sold them 3 days later and bought Nittos. The Nittos i foud to hook better and are deffinately better than BFG's in the rain.

i have used all 3 et's best 60 ft at the track , The bfg's will throw down the darkest donuts yoiu ever seen and the nittos will go in the rain like any other tire.

so pick you situation and good luck.

Re: Re: How much better do E.T Streets hook?

Originally posted by 4cd-Air

Racing, hell, no driving! I have ET Streets, and if it is lightly raining, you are stuck where you are unless you want to kill yourself. They act like rafts instead of tires and your rear end is everywhere but behind your front.

You are absolutely correct. I had to drive the TR w/ET streets home during a rain storm one day. Scared me. 25 mph, no throttle, sliding back and forth... I was grateful to get home in one piece!
I bought Nitto 275-50-15 555R DRs and they handled OK in the wet until the tread wore down. In fact, they don't handle so good in the dry either, now that they're worn. Car wags it's tail when I change lanes. Very disconcerting. I've never run the Nittos at the track though. The amount of traction they get on the street seems to vary wildly. If they're cold (25 degrees or colder outside), they don't seem to hook very good.

Keith

if you have no problems with the radials, do not move to ET's.
the radial tire may not hook as well, but, it will usually be faster thru the quarter than the bias ply.