How much did you spend to rebuild your 200r4? What did you get done?

I went with a monster in the box rebuild kit for the 200r4 -450
Dusty B 2800 lu 10" 500
An Oh my, oh my does it get down. But the options an vendors are endless. Good luck

Done right with a billet forward drum...aka someone that knows 2004r's not the local that guy that builds THM 350s and 400s cheap . Typically runs 1000 -1300

Transmission rebuilts on a 200-4R range from $1200 to $3200 depending on what parts are installed and/or the intended use of the transmission. This does not include the price of a converter. I definitely do not recommend having you local shop do the rebuild. Find someone that knows these transmission or contact one of us vendors. If you need any more information, please feel free to contact me.

The tranny is getting rebuilt by a known rebuilder for tbuicks. Thanks for all the info guys. Its costing but right now were looking at 1700 not including the converter. It was meant to be a refresher build but there was miscommunication. I have a vigilante tc that's going in it. Again thanks guys for the info. Were going to ask for a price breakdown also.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Brian Hoffer did mine for 1500. Solid 10 second tranny. Great support but he's gone from this board. A lot of people had a good/bad experience with him. If he was back I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
You have Dave Husek here and I believe he's the "end all" as far as these transmissions go.

currently cutting it the F loose

I've probably got over $4k in mine with the converter.
All the available hard parts are upgraded, PTC 9.5 non lock, KC valve body, PTS deep pan.

Extreme Automatics stage III billet with deep pan, $2995.00.
PTC 9.5 NLU roughly $1000.00

Bryan

Notacarlo, you got a deal!

I paid $2800 to Brian, don't remember what all is in it, but it's supposed to be good into the 9's. Works good, but have been for a ride in JayJ's T that was rebuilt by GNeric, and it seems to shift better

Notacarlo....why is Brian gone? He did me a good one too on my last GN

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Notacarlo, you got a deal!

I paid $2800 to Brian, don't remember what all is in it, but it's supposed to be good into the 9's. Works good, but have been for a ride in JayJ's T that was rebuilt by GNeric, and it seems to shift better
Did you give a core?

Notacarlo....why is Brian gone? He did me a good one too on my last GN

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
There was a lot of banter here about who actually built the tranny. He never led me to believe he himself did it. I was on the phone with Brian and a builder that helped him. Worked through an issue with ease. That was the bulk of it. He had help building the transmissions. He had ALOT of orders, so I don't blame him for enlisting help. He got fed up with the arguments so he went his own way. Hoffer tranny's are good no matter what in my experience. Dude was spot on with tech help as well.

I gave my core and he charged me $1500 shipping included. I will add my friend Phil (PaceMakr86) had bought several hoffers.