How to improve throttle response and rough idle?

jessecool

Just installed a fresh rebuilt motor. Now my question is, What would part could be causing boggy throttle response and the idle is a lil bumpy at around 2000-2300rpms. And if it helps i have Type II coils and module with caspers adapter...and into around 5lbs of boost backfiring a lil.

Have a scan tool ? what other mods have you done other then listed in your sig?

If no scan tool, buy one or borrow one. What chip do you have, specs on that chip? what ECM do you have stock HA or 86 covert? Are you 100% sure the type 2 coils are working and adaptor plate was wired up right, same for IGN wires routing. Did you try lowering your RPM by the lil RPM adj screw on the TB?

Boggy response fixed..it was a vac leak. Now i think my popping at 2300rpms could be do to cheap 7mm wires and cheap over the counter plugs. I think my next step is to just install 87 ECM and attach a scanmaster. Only problem is, i need a turbo prom chip (the small one)..if anyone has one for sale PM me.....And @regalt-type85. sig is it on the mods

Alex..I'm hittin the track friday to dial this thing in a bit...cold front coming through. Should be a nice 60 degree night.You down?..hit me up

Boggy response fixed..it was a vac leak. Now i think my popping at 2300rpms could be do to cheap 7mm wires and cheap over the counter plugs. I think my next step is to just install 87 ECM and attach a scanmaster. Only problem is, i need a turbo prom chip (the small one)..if anyone has one for sale PM me.....And @regalt-type85. sig is it on the mods

you can use your stock "small prom chip" in the 87 ecm. combine that with a TurboTweak chip, and that part of the car should be about as perfect as it can get.