how to install vdo oil and water sending units!!!!!!

Rigo's 87 GN

I bought some vdo gauges with sending units and I'm don't know where to screw in the sending units can some one help me out! Thanks!

You can use any adapters to tap into any of the factory locations. I usually delete the factory low oil pressure warning switch and use a quarter to eighth adapter there so i can thread the oil pressure sender to it. The intake has a high temp warning switch that i bypass and use an adapter there to screw the sender into.

better to delete the stock sender for the coolant idiot light (passenger side of intake front)

you will have a temp gauge (thats what you're installing ) and can keep an eye on the temps but should you have a low speed fan relay take a dump the hi fan switch will be there to activating the hi fan relay and keep you from going full boil

You can use any adapters to tap into any of the factory locations. I usually delete the factory low oil pressure warning switch and use a quarter to eighth adapter there so i can thread the oil pressure sender to it. The intake has a high temp warning switch that i bypass and use an adapter there to screw the sender into.

I'm going to be doing the same thing. I get the oil hookup solution. What to do with the harness? Tuck it neatly, uh yeah, nothing is neat under the hood of these cars! Where is this high temp warning switch you speak of? Is that on lower right side of intake, next to tensioner (if I was facing engine)?

I'm going to be doing the same thing. I get the oil hookup solution. What to do with the harness? Tuck it neatly, uh yeah, nothing is neat under the hood of these cars! Where is this high temp warning switch you speak of? Is that on lower right side of intake, next to tensioner (if I was facing engine)?

Thought of another question. Does deactivating either factory oil or high coolant temp switches require any changes to the ecu? Does a chip need to be programmed to tune these two items out?

no the ecm dosnt use them so no worries

on the oil sender switch besides turning on the idiot light below 4psi oil pressure it also provides 12v to the fuel pump (as a back secondary to the fuel relay ) once oil is abov 4psi , so the wires have 12v source and output to the fuel pump that when running also carries 12v , so if you do delete it make sure the plug (or wires if you decide to cut it off) are safely secured away from headers and such and dont come into contact with an metal as it could result in a short that could stop the fuel pump. it has been a source of issues over the years

Great - thanks for the info. Where is the high temp warning switch at? Is that the plug on lower right of the intake next to tensioner?

Great - thanks for the info. Where is the high temp warning switch at? Is that the plug on lower right of the intake next to tensioner?
Its the one with a single wire going to it on the other side

What adapter fits the coolant temp sender hole? Does it come with most temp gauges?