How To Make A Turbo-T Limited Front Seat Comfortable?

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
Hope this is the correct category to post in.

I have an '87 Turbo-T Limited that served as a daily driver for the first owner. The driver side of the front seat is not very comfortable any longer. The seat portion slopes down towards the door & the seat back reclines a bit too much for me. The interior is camel colored & in very good condition material wise. I'd much rather prefer bucket seats, but that doesn't match the car.

Anybody have any advise on how to modify / re-build the bench seat in a Limited to be supportive & comfortable while still appearing stock?

Thank you

Find an upholstery shop to rebuild it for you. It sounds like the frame is bent or broken. A boat shop would likely know where to go for cushion repair.

I would also guess that the foam has given up after 30 years?

My Limited has about 90K miles and the driver seat getting there too!

Find an upholstery shop to rebuild it for you. It sounds like the frame is bent or broken. A boat shop would likely know where to go for cushion repair.

X 2 .. exactly .. let them redo the Foam inside / fix frame if needed .. and recover it .. be like new .. I had a GN seat redone and had the seat custom done to the way I wanted ... the can change the type of foam as well and add heating elements if you wanted heated seats :)

its well worth the price to be comfy

I've been looking for a high quality Hot-Rod upholstery shop locally.

I guess that I'm looking for advise on types of foam, lumbar support, or other tricks that a good upholstery shop can perform. I have Back problems & really need a comfortable seat.

Thanks

Alot of aftermarket seats look too rice boy for me. When it's time I think I'll have the stock seats redone. Luckily we have an upholstery shop in town that's good.

I had a pair of older style Recaro buckets in another G-Body a while back. Those were great!

Wouldn't look right in my Limited though.

Alot of aftermarket seats look too rice boy for me. When it's time I think I'll have the stock seats redone. Luckily we have an upholstery shop in town that's good.
Mind saying who the shop is Pronto?

I always thought the buckets in my GN was uncomfortable if I sat in them too long. I get the same back pain in my other 2 Lexus's as well on long drives. Never had a hint of discomfort in the Limited though. I actually find them more comfortable than any other car seat I have sat in. I'm sure you'll be happy once they get redone correctly.

and,FWIW....im threre now.. local hot rod shop ,a good one, i just picked material ...priced me 700.

My upholsterer did a great job rebuilding my Lear Seigler seats for my ride. Fixed up all the adjusting knobs and the pull out, re-packed and stuffed the seats cushions. I never asked what was best. I kinda just told him that I wanted it comfortable with the best of his abilities.

I'm happy. He did a good job.