How to remove check valve in master cylinder for cleaning

turbota440

I read a procedure for removing this check valve in the master for possible debris but cannot find now.
Reason I believe that may be the problem for my pump turning on to often even though I installed a new accumulator. Seems that the pressure is leaking down after parking car for short periods of time. Anyone have a link to a procedure article.
Thanks

de-pressurize system
remove steel pressure hose from pump to master cylinder body
remove accumulator or brake switch whichever is easier for you
hold a rag over the hole where you removed the brake hose
hit to accumulator hole or brake hole with a short shot of compressed air (doesn't take lot of pressure to pop the assembly out) the valve assembly will pop out and hopefully you caught the parts in the rag
should be a spring , a poppet and the slug that is the seat for the poppet (rubber end ) and also the flare seat for the hose
the spring and poppet are the check when seated against the slug
clean the poppet face and the slug rubber end with rubbing alcohol
install spring and poppet (smooth face out ) into the hole and then the slug rubber faced end first
reinstall hose from pump

Last edited:
de-pressurize system
remove steel pressure hose from pump to master cylinder body
remove accumulator or brake switch whichever is easier for you
hold a rag over the hole where you removed the brake hose
hit to accumulator hole or brake hole with a short shot of compressed air (doesn't take lot of pressure to pop the assembly out) the valve assembly will pop out and hopefully you caught the parts in the rag
should be a spring , a poppet and the slug that is the seat for the poppet (rubber end ) and also the flare seat for the hose
the spring and poppet are the check when seated against the slug
clean the poppet face and the slug rubber end with rubbing alcohol
install spring and poppet (smooth face out ) into the hole and then the plug rubber faced end first
reinstall hose from pump
Sounds perfect. Thanks for the help.