Howe Racing Centerlink

Geezy

Any one running one? Pictures? Advantages? Disadvantages? Tall ball joints with it?

I across a brand new one and not sure if I should install.

I have still have some bumpsteer thats just annoys the crap out of me and not sure if this will help.

Currently have
Front billsteins
Moog front end rebuild kit with idler,pitman arms and centerlink
Energy suspension endlinks
Tublar Spohn uppers
djm tublar lowers
Spohn bumpsteer kit
Jeep shaft and bearing
Zq8 spindles
Tom Lee PGear
20x9 front 225/35 tires
All new parts and installed with in the last few months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am contemplating the same center link if I go with taller lower ball joints.

I'm sure it's just me, but I think the adjustable center link seems like a better setup than the adjustable ends. Just my opinion.

It seems most think it's not needed with stock type lower ball joints, but with different lower A-arms they may be a benefit. I don't know as I'm not smart enough to know if I have bump steer.

There is not a lot of info on them.

IMG_5118.PNG

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hre-23399/year/1987/make/buick/model/regal

I would like to hear more input on this as well.

I am contemplating the same center link if I go with taller lower ball joints.

I'm sure it's just me, but I think the adjustable center link seems like a better setup than the adjustable ends. Just my opinion.

It seems most think it's not needed with stock type lower ball joints, but with different lower A-arms they may be a benefit. I don't know as I'm not smart enough to know if I have bump steer.

There is not a lot of info on them.

View attachment 332411

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hre-23399/year/1987/make/buick/model/regal

I would like to hear more input on this as well.

I already have the centerlink, just not sure if it will help

I just got off the phone with Howe Racing (989.435.7080) and sadly the adjustable center link is made for circle racing only.

They said it's designed to be used with a shorter idler arm which helps you turn LEFT. It's not good for street use where you want to turn right as well.

I'm sorry for the bad news.

I just got off the phone with Howe Racing (989.435.7080) and sadly the adjustable center link is made for circle racing only.

They said it's designed to be used with a shorter idler arm which helps you turn LEFT. It's not good for street use where you want to turn right as well.

Thank you! Ill atleast I didnt ho the the trouble of install and then find this out and have to un install

Ill just have to get the proforged tall BJs and see if that helps

I have still have some bumpsteer thats just annoys the crap out of me and not sure if this will help.
2 ways to help bumpsteer.
1. 1/2" taller lower ball joints (Proforged or Howe Racing) will get rid of 66% of it,but will also lower the front of the car 1/2",improve the camber curve,and help the car turn better. If you don't mind the front being 1/2" lower you can eliminate the rest of the bumpsteer with the Spohn bumpsteer correction outer tie rod ends. If you can live with the 66% improvement in bumpsteer with just the lower ball joints you can use the more weather friendly factor style outer tie rod ends.
2. Spohn bumpsteer correction outer tie rod ends will completely eliminate bumpsteer on their own if you don't want to lower the front of your car,but you won't have the added benefits of a better camber curve or lower center of gravity for cornering that you would get with the taller lower ball joints.

2 ways to help bumpsteer.
1. 1/2" taller lower ball joints (Proforged or Howe Racing) will get rid of 66% of it,but will also lower the front of the car 1/2",improve the camber curve,and help the car turn better. If you don't mind the front being 1/2" lower you can eliminate the rest of the bumpsteer with the Spohn bumpsteer correction outer tie rod ends. If you can live with the 66% improvement in bumpsteer with just the lower ball joints you can use the more weather friendly factor style outer tie rod ends.
2. Spohn bumpsteer correction outer tie rod ends will completely eliminate bumpsteer on their own if you don't want to lower the front of your car,but you won't have the added benefits of a better camber curve or lower center of gravity for cornering that you would get with the taller lower ball joints.
Thanks for the repsonse,My GN had been parked since 2001-2016 in a garage and I have replaced quite a bit of suspension parts, when I purchased back in 01 it had and extreme rake drop. For the short term is was driven never felt any bumpsteer because of this. I didnt start to feel it until the rear was lowered.

I currently have the NEW following parts installed:
Moog Front end rebuild kit BJ,centerlink, bushings,idler and pitman arms. Inner tie rods
Spohn tublar upper control arms
Billstien shocks
Energy suspension endlinks and bumpstops
Spohn bumpsteer kit
Tom Lee 800 12.7:1 PS Gear and ac delco pressure hose
Blazer spindle swap OEM spindles 14” rotors c6 calipers
New Crown Jeep steering shaft and bearing
20x9 225/35/20 wheels

Rear:
Metco upper and lower arms
Belltech 1.5 drop coils and Belltech street shocks

The car already had the DJM lower control arms 3” drop I just bought new bushings for them, coils remain from 2001

Not sure why I still have some bumpsteer, it got alot better after replacing the shocks.
I just bought the pro forged tall BJ’s
So we will see if it get better with that after alignment .