http://www.gnttype.org/

11.gif

hey Reds, a couple million more keystrokes and you can have the face of Jesus!

Originally posted by evil_gn
it works, but it says hardware failure and they are working on it.
those guys are so busy with other things that the message you see on the front page may be there for months!

Originally posted by Scott231
those guys are so busy with other things that the message you see on the front page may be there for months!

Scott I have said it before and I will say it agian I can help you guys out with it all..... I have a back up of MOST of the site but its old and I cant access it right this second. :D

Jim I do not think Scott works with them anymore, however we would be very interested in what you have saved. We have kicked some ideas around here about just a Technical Resource area. Please e-mail me or PM me:cool:

Spare GNTTYPE

After the last outage, I sucked down most of the site for my personal use at home. Take care of the copyright stuff and I could let you see what I have. I would like to find out why it went down and perhaps it should be hosted by a true 24/7 provider.

Re: Spare GNTTYPE

Originally posted by klrv6
After the last outage, I sucked down most of the site for my personal use at home. Take care of the copyright stuff and I could let you see what I have. I would like to find out why it went down and perhaps it should be hosted by a true 24/7 provider.

I will put a few calls out in the am, like I said after the last time it went down we have been kicking this Technical Data Area around. Just a resource center nothing more:cool:

Re: Re: Spare GNTTYPE

Originally posted by NJTurbo
I will put a few calls out in the am, like I said after the last time it down we have been kicking this Technical Data Area around. Just a resource center nothing more:cool:
Great Idea! Do it!

Well ... good intentions and all, but the site is back up.

Posted a thread about it just a minute ago.

The stuff on the site is copyright by both GNTTYPE.org and the original authors, so you technically need permission to rehost all that from both.

We may be busy with other things, but we still take care of the community (like we have for the last 12+ years. Instead of everybody trying to suck this stuff off and fragment it into commercial sites or their own stuff ... why not volunteer to bring your efforts to keeping GNTTYPE up to date and alive?

It has remained totally noncommercial for all these years and depends on volunteer efforts ...

It's back :)

Ken,

I would never host any gnttype content on any public web site without the permission of the owners. I'm just a nerdy sysadmin that happens to be into these cars alot. If you need any help with your server/site, just let me know.

Ken

TB.COM would never copy anything without first getting all the required copy rights and or legal release of such information.

We are happy to have it back, it is a vital resource for all of us. We appreciate all the hard work you guys put into the site.

Glad to hear it is working again:cool:

Re: It's back :)

Originally posted by klrv6
Ken,

I would never host any gnttype content on any public web site without the permission of the owners. I'm just a nerdy sysadmin that happens to be into these cars alot. If you need any help with your server/site, just let me know.

*hehe*

Be careful what you ask for! :)

Drop me some email ... there's probably all sorts of things you can do to help! Thanks!

Would it be possible to put everything on GN/TTYPE.ORG on cds and sell it to us members so we would never loose the important info on there?