Hunk of Chit for $19995

That car was for sale on Craigslist out of the St. Paul, MN area about 2 months ago. I think at that time, they were looking to get $7K out of it.

hahahaha

My god...what a mess! Just spend a weekend washing, cleaning, and waxing it may be a nice car. Spend 500. bucks on some wheels. WTF? That dealership must be a bunch of idiots.

I was just talking to Surej yesterday about that thing. We both had commented about the beach towels covering the interior. :rolleyes: Why bother?

I don't get the train of thought on this. OK it's a low mile car but it has been neglected. It needs a ton of work and a set of wheel just to be kinda nice.

The sellers must be smoking some real good stuff.

Why would anyone leave a low mile car outside in the weather like that?? What a waste

Gn

Looks like it has alot of Hail damage on it as well. Owners prolly got paid for the storm damage and lost interest in it. Car asking price is insane!!!!

That's one of those cars where you just make an insanely low offer to buy with the intent to insult.... just because the asking price is already an insult!

I went to the dealship and looked over the car in person. The owner of the dealership did tell me he bought it from an older guy in Minnesota who planned to restore the car. He apparently got too lazy or had too many projects so the car sat outside. All the beach towels were used to cover the interior. Despite the towels, the interior panels are faded so bad they're nearly white and no longer light gray. Bottom line...the car is really in need of a complete overhaul as you can tell from the pictures. The one thing good about the car is that all the body panels only have surface rust. I pulled one of the wheel well trim pieces off rear to look for rust and it was clean. As we talked about the car, I gave him my opinion about price and I said that if he got more the 4 grand I'd be shocked. He told me he had more in it than that and I told him he overpaid:biggrin:

He actually told me he was going to wash the car and put it on eBay for
$20K. I looked at him like this...:eek:. I happen to bring my car with me that day and had the 2 side by side. For comparison purposes, I asked him if he had an interested party looking for a GN, would they spend $20K for yours or $16K for mine? He still didn't understand. Since I first saw the car in August, I have twice sent offers to him with no response.

on a related note.. there's a beat to sh!t GN for sale on Rt. 62 Algonquin Road near Pyott Road in Lake in the Hills in case anyone is interested. No idea what the guy wants for it. Been sitting out there several weeks now....

I went to the dealship and looked over the car in person. The owner of the dealership did tell me he bought it from an older guy in Minnesota who planned to restore the car. He apparently got too lazy or had too many projects so the car sat outside. All the beach towels were used to cover the interior. Despite the towels, the interior panels are faded so bad they're nearly white and no longer light gray. Bottom line...the car is really in need of a complete overhaul as you can tell from the pictures. The one thing good about the car is that all the body panels only have surface rust. I pulled one of the wheel well trim pieces off rear to look for rust and it was clean. As we talked about the car, I gave him my opinion about price and I said that if he got more the 4 grand I'd be shocked. He told me he had more in it than that and I told him he overpaid:biggrin:

He actually told me he was going to wash the car and put it on eBay for
$20K. I looked at him like this...:eek:. I happen to bring my car with me that day and had the 2 side by side. For comparison purposes, I asked him if he had an interested party looking for a GN, would they spend $20K for yours or $16K for mine? He still didn't understand. Since I first saw the car in August, I have twice sent offers to him with no response.

Is that the stock exhaust on there?

Is that the stock exhaust on there?

I don't rightly remember enough to say for sure. If I were to guess, I'd say it was recently replaced with some aftermarket unit. Maybe the old one was shot or plugged with **** from sitting so long.