I got walked by a Chevy Baretta...

Adam Connell

Monster Truckin since 87'
:cool: Yup... he walked me tonight... pulled me in every aspect... So we pulled over to inspect each others cars...

He had a 3.4l ponitiac V6 w/ a 60mm turbo pushing 5psi... he is putting in different pistons and rods so he can turn it up to 10... He was running a 5sp manual also out of something other than a baretta... this thing was bitchen. The ULITMATE sleeper. It was even grandma purple w/ stock wheels and tires.... the only thing giving it away was the exhaust note and the front mount intercooler that was only visible if you looked hard...

COOL car for sure...:eek:

Sounds like you need a little tuning on your car:confused:

ALso, moved to the correct forum!

:cool: Yup... he walked me tonight... pulled me in every aspect... So we pulled over to inspect each others cars...

He had a 3.4l ponitiac V6 w/ a 60mm turbo pushing 5psi... he is putting in different pistons and rods so he can turn it up to 10... He was running a 5sp manual also out of something other than a baretta... this thing was bitchen. The ULITMATE sleeper. It was even grandma purple w/ stock wheels and tires.... the only thing giving it away was the exhaust note and the front mount intercooler that was only visible if you looked hard...

COOL car for sure...:eek:

Sounds like you need some tuning... and alky....you should pull him from a dig... or rolling.... especially if he is only at 5psi boost. You ever gone to the track with your car?

An alky kit should put you in the 11's easily with traction... and pump gas....and of course a decent tune....

Well... he ran low 13s before the turbo.... he thinks he may be running mid to low 12s now.... I was running 15-16lbs and we were going from a roll.

Thanks to UPS my drag radials were not here yesterday(and still not here yet today:mad: ) so going to from a dig was not an option. We did go from a 20 roll and I had it spooling in 1st.

I have taken the car to the track, and on a VERY poor track prep and VERY bad tires I ran a 14.01 @ 102 on a 2.37 60ft at 16lbs. I figure im well into the low 13s with my drag radials, but I wont know because Im working all weekend:mad:

Wow, low 13's on an NA 3.4l V6 engine out of a Berreta. Sure he didn't mean low 13's with the turbo?

Well... he ran low 13s before the turbo.... he thinks he may be running mid to low 12s now.... I was running 15-16lbs and we were going from a roll.

Thanks to UPS my drag radials were not here yesterday(and still not here yet today:mad: ) so going to from a dig was not an option. We did go from a 20 roll and I had it spooling in 1st.

I have taken the car to the track, and on a VERY poor track prep and VERY bad tires I ran a 14.01 @ 102 on a 2.37 60ft at 16lbs. I figure im well into the low 13s with my drag radials, but I wont know because Im working all weekend:mad:

Tune.. you need that.. ran way better than that with all stock stuff.. turbo heads.. etc.. who is working on your car?

i agree you should have wiped your A$$ with him and his turbod 3.4... your tune is WAAAAY off or he's lying to you and he's not only running 5psi :rolleyes: either way you should be able to stomp him.....

Keep a close eye out on those Burettas. A guy here in Midland built a 7 second street legal Buretta! He sold it a while back to some other guy down in Houston. I'm pretty sure It's not there anymore. The word is someone here in Midland bought it.

i bet hes running off at the lip on some beretta message board somewhere.

no way that car was running low 13's without a turbo. thats just not happening without nitrous or another power adder!

Tune.. you need that.. ran way better than that with all stock stuff.. turbo heads.. etc.. who is working on your car?

What part of 2.37 60ft did ya not get??? That is well over a second at the far end of the track, and I was running enough mph for a high 12 pass... the car is running great. I had my drag radials installed today and now I can hold and launch 5psi on the street where before I had to leave at idle... My car is a low 13 high 12 car, but on the tires I had it was pitiful. I could break them lose at 60-70mph on the freeway.

Bye the way my new m&h tires are Great!

i bet hes running off at the lip on some beretta message board somewhere.

no way that car was running low 13's without a turbo. thats just not happening without nitrous or another power adder!

Yes there is... it's called an engine swap... he had a 3.4l pontiac switched in there out of a grand prix... those cars dont weight anything...

even if its the DOHC 3.4 out of the early/mid 90's GTP or Lumina/MC Z34, its not happening. and that motor made 215hp and 200lbft (not at the wheels)when they run right. i used too have a Z34 and at just under 3500lbs with me in it, it would go 15.0 @ ~92mph in 50-60* weather

that Beretta would have to weigh in at ~2000lbs, which they dont!
and he would have to 60' the **** out that FWD stick car which IS NOT an easy task.

since when is 102mph good for a high 12? your 60' would have to be like a 1.4 lol

102 is spinning through 1st and second barely building mph... remember the 2.37 60ft... Im pretty sure I will be in the 110+ range when Im not spinning through the first 1/4 of the track :biggrin: Also I can turn the boost up to 16-17 instead of the 15-16 since Im not going to be spinning at highway speeds now. There is a high twelve in that car with the right launch and a good track ;)

I dont know whats the deal with that car, but let me tell you... it's not slow. It beat me about as badly as the new vettes did. Talk is cheap, but I am thoroughly impressed with his machine!

102 is spinning through 1st and second barely building mph... remember the 2.37 60ft... Im pretty sure I will be in the 110+ range when Im not spinning through the first 1/4 of the track

That's not the way it works.... your MPH will change very little from a 2.37 60' time... to a 1.80 60' time.... the ET however will be drastically different.

102 mph is the indicator of HP.... and in a GN... 102 might get you low to mid 13's.

Your mph will be slightly different... but there is no way you will go from 102 to 110... just because you hooked up....

I've gone 12.93 @103mph on a 1.89 60 ft. so it is possible for him to have a high 12 second car if he can hook.

Your car should be a solid mid 13 second car with DRs and some one that knows how to launch. Even if you knocked a second off your 60 ft. your MPH will be unchanged. I'd say, get alky, and weeks from now you can look back on this post and laugh.

Good luck and happy spooling...