I have a mystery needn' solved

Farmer

I am losing about a pint of transmission fluid a week. Here is the mystery: the car never moves from the same spot, I just go out and let it run for about 15 minutes every other day or so. There aren't any spots on the ground where it might be leaking. Oh yea, I do drive it up to the front gate about twice a week but that's only about 1/2 mile or so.

Could it be some how going through the carb and out the tail pipe? I would think it would smoke like crazy but if it is I don't see it.

Could it be shooting out somewhere under pressure when on it's little trip?

Thanks

There is no way for it to get into the motor. Check your anti freeze. The trans cooler could be leaking inside the rad. If you were loosing that much you would see it on the undercarriage. My car had a pin hole leak on one of the cooler lines and it sprayed everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks blacknight80. I thought I saw somewhere that a vacuum line went down to the trans and might be sucking fluid up to the carb or where ever it goes.

I just checked the radiator and see nothing but the green antifreeze. Water level stays the same all the time and nothing on the outside.

I do have a very small oil leak under the engine. I don't know where it's coming from but the oil level is pretty consistent.

The trans fluid is going somewhere !

Right it's a 350. is the vac line wet on the inside? The modulator diaphragm could be ruptured. Pull the vac line from the modulator and see if it starts dripping.

Last edited:
X2. It's probably the vacuum modulator. Easy fix. Jack up the rear to keep it from leaking fluid when you replace it.

Thank you both for the info. I will check this all out Sunday and see what I find out.

Thanks again gentleman.