I have no oil pressure

Never Heard what Joe is up to now ? If I listened to him I could have a nice 430 Ferrari in the garage...but wouldn't have the fun of busting the 04 z06's ass

You'll still want to get a good look at things of course, but now that you know why it wasn't priming, you really ought to look at the oil pressure switch, too. At this point it's *possible* the pressure switch was the only real problem to begin with.

Earl caught the HV plate right away because that's one of his rants. Don't get him started on that. As for the way it looks inside, a lot of that at least is just the Vaseline it was packed with.

Well guys I will say again I have no knowledge of this particular engine what so eva yes I messed up and should've asked before tampering with yes faulty on my behalf but that is done now so now I am worried bout the right now of the situation no what I can't change and yes I took the oil pump apart cause I lost oil pressure yes I then buy a stock pump and leave H.V spacer the rwason n I dis this is because I didn't know it was a H.V spacer and I try a lot of times to get oil pressure and the cover was kind rough looking when I cleaned it but I rub my hand across it before I put it together the last time and if actually feel like very small scratches they are deep at all not trying to say cover is good or bad just only mentioning and no I haven't purchased the cover I was wondering would it be better to just buy a aftermarket cover or do I need to stick wit the stock style one and yes after earl noticed it to be a H.V plate I went to wondering was it H.V pump I bought and it wasn't so then I decided off of what earl brown said to reinstall the old gears which I carefully inspected and couldn't find anything wrong wit them but what I did do was change the spring and put a new one in there I did notice that the old one has a bend in it don't know if is the cause of the problem or not also change the oil pressure switch as jiho2 said just in case also installed a gauge and when I primed it up it went to 46 to 48 psi and earl he fired going to have to find a new guy

You'll still want to get a good look at things of course, but now that you know why it wasn't priming, you really ought to look at the oil pressure switch, too. At this point it's *possible* the pressure switch was the only real problem to begin with.

A bad oil pressure sending unit can't cause the valves to rattle. That's a result of an actual real life low pressure problem.

The original issue still hasn't been identified and rectified.

IMO - you need to pull your shit all apart - as you sent metal through the entire oiling system.

You may get away with scrubbing everything down, and re-assembling with new parts (crank, cam bearings) - assuming there won't be a visit to the machine shop due to something not being mechanically correct.

Yet as was posted above - what was the REASON why you LOST oil pressure in the 1st place - cam galley plug missing, possible main bearing clearance issue, oil pump drive shaft (cam sensor gear) busted or something else?

If you still use the "internal to the radiator" engine oil cooler - my advice is to bypass that with a new "external" cooler - or you may be re-visiting this very same deal at some point - after your new parts have been installed.

How many miles are on this engine, was it ever gone through before, are there any mods on it, how long have you owned it, and lastly - is it "worth it to you"?

Good Luck !!!

Well guys I will say again I have no knowledge of this particular engine what so eva yes I messed up and should've asked before tampering with yes faulty on my behalf but that is done now so now I am worried bout the right now of the situation no what I can't change and yes I took the oil pump apart cause I lost oil pressure yes I then buy a stock pump and leave H.V spacer the rwason n I dis this is because I didn't know it was a H.V spacer and I try a lot of times to get oil pressure and the cover was kind rough looking when I cleaned it but I rub my hand across it before I put it together the last time and if actually feel like very small scratches they are deep at all not trying to say cover is good or bad just only mentioning and no I haven't purchased the cover I was wondering would it be better to just buy a aftermarket cover or do I need to stick wit the stock style one and yes after earl noticed it to be a H.V plate I went to wondering was it H.V pump I bought and it wasn't so then I decided off of what earl brown said to reinstall the old gears which I carefully inspected and couldn't find anything wrong wit them but what I did do was change the spring and put a new one in there I did notice that the old one has a bend in it don't know if is the cause of the problem or not also change the oil pressure switch as jiho2 said just in case also installed a gauge and when I primed it up it went to 46 to 48 psi and earl he fired going to have to find a new guy

I'm not going to pick on your spelling/ typing but maybe you could proof read your posts before hitting the reply button.

I still can't figure out what the hell you meant in the highlighted area of this post.

Last edited:

If the valves were making noise then your oil pressure sending unit was not and is not the problem. That's been stated a few times now. Engine making noise and your oil light ON = 4psi or under oil pressure and a dry valvetrain. You've got some work ahead of you trying to find out why the oil pressure was fluctuating in the first place. If it was me I'd have the engine out on a stand tearing it's guts out so I could start measuring all the tolerances and inspect all the bearings and parts.

At the very least cut open the oil filter and see if there is metal filings in there. If there is they are throughout the engine and embedded in all your bearings.

When were the valves rattling? I may be wrong, but as I read his earlier posts the valves rattling ONLY after he rebuilt the pump, which is to say, with the short gears that weren't pumping. I don't recall that he said they were rattling before that, in particular while driving (when he noticed the oil light). Please correct me if I'm wrong, to spare further confusing nonsense.

By his description, he didn't run the motor very long.

And then, how much of the rattling was due to the valves, and how much due to the short gears he had in the pump?

I agree he probably ought to look at things, but it helps to clarify ....

Last edited:
I'm not going to pick on your spelling/ typing but maybe you could proof read your posts before hitting the reply button.

I still can't figure out what the hell you meant in the highlighted are of this post.

It would appear I'm fired. That's why I've only tried to clarify stuff that's just wrong in case someone does a search later on down the road.

It would appear I'm fired. That's why I've only tried to clarify stuff that's just wrong in case someone does a search later on down the road.

I'm cornfused; I didn't know you were hired!!!

It sucks getting fired, good luck on your new job whatever that may be.

Earl ur not fired buddy it's your great eye and knowledge that has got to the point of having oil pressure no disrespect to everyone that took the time out to help me wit this issue but to jiho2 no the valves was rattling before I change oil pump and no I wasn't driving it I went to crank it and the oil light was on I had been driving it previously tho

Scumbag,

What's your real name?? Check your PM...private messages on this forum..in your "in box"...marked as "conversations"....

Bob

but to jiho2 no the valves was rattling before I change oil pump and no I wasn't driving it I went to crank it and the oil light was on I had been driving it previously tho
We went through some of this before, I know. Sorry.

So BEFORE you changed the pump, you cranked and ran it for several seconds, and the oil light stayed on and the valves kept rattling, so you turned the key off, and then after that you changed the pump.

Was the oil light going on and off while you were driving it before? Or was the light staying on sometimes while cranking?

Yes that is correct cranked it for like 3 to 5 secs max and then shut it down did it again and after it didn't go out I shut it down and put oil pump in no light never flickerd not once was stayed on while cranking did it two previous time but always went out after the second crank up and it did it a week apart the two previous times and it was two weeks before the last accurance

Ok thanks, I had the sequence of events a little confused. I thought the oil light came on while you were driving, and you stopped and restarted and it went out. Not a huge difference, but it is a difference.

installed a gauge and when I primed it up it went to 46 to 48 psi
You saw that pressure while you were priming? That's not bad while priming.

but what I did do was change the spring and put a new one in there I did notice that the old one has a bend in it don't know if is the cause of the problem or not
Can you post a picture of the old spring?

If not for the fact that the valves were rattling before, I might be tempted to install the gauge, crank it now and see what happens. :eek::yuck:o_O:mad:

Not sure what to make of it.

Last edited:
Yes I will post one of the old spring today and I had ordered the gauge and just my luck oil light comes on before the gauge made it but since I've been trying to get oil pressure gauge came in. So I went ahead a installed it