I know what turbo I want...now which injectors?

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
I am saving my money for a new turbo and fuel injectors. Right now I am leaning towards a TE-44 turbo for sure. But the injectors I am unsure of. I really like the 42.5 lb injectors but there is a sale going on at Racetronix with also the Delphi 50 lb injectors. I would like to spend as little money as possible and I was thinking the 42.5's should be plenty of injector for how fast I wanna run. I really don't wanna run no faster than low 11's or high 10's. I would think these 42.5's would be plenty for that? If they aren't then I will have to spend the extra dough and get the 50's. How fast can you go on each injector maximum?

As for the turbo, would everyone agree that if you don't care about stock appearing (who thinks any turbo on a GN is stock anyways?) that I should go with the TE-44 because it has a tad more punch than the TA-49?

Don you know you are going to want to go faster than mid 11's. get the 50's. From what I have heard they are easier to tune then the 42.5's, and Racetronix has a great deal going on right now.

Originally posted by Racetronix
For high tens I would consider the Delphi 50's.

Jack :cool:
Racetronix

hey how long are you guys having this sale on injectors???

Don't even think about the 42's if you're going to be flirting with the 10's. Sure they'll get you there, but at what expense?
You'll be pushing them way way beyond 100% duty cycle just to get into the mid 11's even with a PTE44!! Been there, done that (with 40's), I had my 40#'rs maxed at high 11.90's :eek:

Now that I have the 50's, I'm pushing mid 11's and they are running at 85-87% duty cycle at the end of the run (IDEAL). That's at 25+ lbs of boost.

Skip right over the 009's and save other headaches as well.

If you want to go 10's use something bigger than 42.5ers because they get unsafe quicker than 11.5.:D Frank

I would think even 50's would be on the small side for high 10's (especially with a single pump) and 55's would be better along with some staged double pumpers or an external pump. A lot of this has to do with the weight of the car. If the car is full weight (3700lbs or more) you might want to consider some bigger injectors if you really want to go high 10's and still be on the safe side. Just my 2 cents:cool:

You probably will not go past the mid 11s with the 44...great turbo...it will be a lot more fun to drive if you aim the car at the mid 11s anyway and you will spend a lot more time driving it that way. I would get the 50s because everyone can make a 50 chip and they will return good gas mileage.

ok ok i am changing my goals of only running the FASTEST of low 11's...besides with a te-44 turbo and 50 lb injectors there won't be much on the street that will be able to take me :D