I may get flamed, but i LIKE this friggin car!!!

I agree. I don't like the Solstice, but I think that car looks great.

What's even better is the rumored turbo ecotec in the works. :cool:

Is this the car that's the European Opel/Vauxhall Speedster?? Reason I ask is this car's been around several years in Europe. Slick looking car with fair performance.

I had the chance to sit in an Opel Speedster while I was in Germany and I can tell you... it's not easy gettin' into. Reminded me of C4 Corvettes.. the way you're sitting in a tub.

Anyways.. nice looking car. Price seems OK. Let's see if GM can get ANYTHING right.

Hope that wasn't too much of a flame.

gn85 said:
Is this the car that's the European Opel/Vauxhall Speedster?? Reason I ask is this car's been around several years in Europe. Slick looking car with fair performance.

I had the chance to sit in an Opel Speedster while I was in Germany and I can tell you... it's not easy gettin' into. Reminded me of C4 Corvettes.. the way you're sitting in a tub.

Anyways.. nice looking car. Price seems OK. Let's see if GM can get ANYTHING right.

Dude it's real - sister of the Pontiac Solstice.
http://www.saturn.com/saturn/showroom/future_vehicles/sky.jsp?nav=710&flashOK=yes

First the Miata, now everyone is selling one of these things.

I like the looks, but being FWD ruins it for me.

gn85 said:

Chris, that's the one !!!! instead of the 2.0 turbo the Germans have, it'll get either the 2.2 or the 2.4(cant remember)..I went to an Opel Autohaus not long ago and checked them out..very much like getting in a C4!

scottyb, this is a fwd platform, as stated in the article. would be nice though as a rwd, that'd be the home for my spare lc2 drivetrain.... :D

turbo_canuck said:
scottyb, this is a fwd platform, as stated in the article. would be nice though as a rwd, that'd be the home for my spare lc2 drivetrain.... :D

They made this car WRONG wheel drive?? Like I said in my first post... let's see if GM gets this right.. guess not. :(

Ummmm ... it is RWD.

They even have a picture of the underside that you click on areas to get the features.... click on the rear diff and you get "available torque sensing rear differential"

Looks like IRS and a rear similar to the GTO....

gn85 said:
They made this car WRONG wheel drive?? Like I said in my first post... let's see if GM gets this right.. guess not. :(

That article is wrong. It's RWD.

OK, that's what I thought. I know the Opel is RWD and it was a real shock that they would have swapped it to wrong wheel drive. Thanks for the clarification.

Yea, looks pretty cool, I was kinda thinking thats what the next Camaro would look like with a little more retro camaro in it of course.

I really like it. The fact that it's rwd makes it all that much better! Throw a turbo on it, and it would be a blast!