I need a recipe

Billdogg

PSI FED 6
Soon, I will be building my motor. Here is my goal for the car. Mid-Low 11's on 93 octane and alky. ET Streets will be used at the track. What turbo/injector/intercooler/stall/etc would be best? Thanks for any input.

TE45 to GT70 turbo (ballbearing is nice).

57 hi Z or 55-72 low Z injectors and ECM mod.

Good stock location or a Cottons front mount intercooler.

3400-3600 stall.

Champion ported irons and intake.

Roller cam.

Lots of alky. :)

And the rest of the supporting cast parts. :cool:

Let me know if it works too. :D

Originally posted by salvageV6
TE45 to GT70 turbo (ballbearing is nice).

57 hi Z or 55-72 low Z injectors and ECM mod.

Good stock location or a Cottons front mount intercooler.

3400-3600 stall.

Champion ported irons and intake.

Roller cam.

Lots of alky. :)

And the rest of the supporting cast parts. :cool:

Let me know if it works too. :D

Overkill.

You really don't have to do too much to reach those goals. My setup is pretty mild. Stock engine except for 210/205 cam. PT51 and 50# injectors. 3" from turbo to bumper exhaust. Stock intercooler with screen still in place :) SMC alky kit, older single nozzle. RJC plate. 3200 Vig converter. Running on Nittos. Boost is 23psi on 93 octane.

Best so far is in sig. Since you are rebuilding, doing the heads would be a big plus. Running slicks would also help in you attaining those goals.

TA49
MSD50LBS
PORTED HEADS
PORTED INTAKE
DECENT STOCK LOCATION INTERCOOLER
340 FUEL PUMP

And you are there with no problem.

Scrap the 93 Octane if you want to run low 11's the only way to do it is alchy or good fuel. Do not be cheap, good fuel is the deal. :cool: :cool:

Old man ECMO, you weren't supposed to find this post. ;)

I'm not going to run race gas. I hate the idea of running 93+ octane. I want a car that will drive all day long on 93 to the track, throw some slicks on, and run 11's.

Who else makes a stock location intercooler? I saw the MP in the latest GMHTP mag, are their others? How far will a stocker w/ dutt neck take me?

Thanks for all the help guys, you can see who I'm trying to beat now. :D

Keep the suggestions coming.