I really need advice on this..

tommynos

worldwide flooring sales
I Have my car for sale...I have a guy in Cali(not a forum member) who wants the car and said he would give me a $500 non-refundable deposit(which he has threw paypal) and pay the rest in cash.....Now he wants to send it all to my PayPal($16,000 with paypal fees) with his credit card? Now im worried that with PayPal they can withdraw the money back if he lies or whatever(it happened to a friend of mine)...Im also worried being a credit card he could also dispute the charge or something..(Pretty much try to screw me)...Nothing is safer than cash in my hand is how ive allways been..So I email him my concerns just as I posted here and this was his response..

"I have to say, I dont mind having the security of being able to dispute the transaction on my end just as a precaution"

"remember I am buying this car sight unseen so its good to know I have some recourse if anything went wrong"

What could go wrong,he wants a shipping company to pick it up and deliver it to him,I have sent him every picture and every flaw on my,close to flawless car,he also has spoke to at least 8 people that know this car that are business owners also and didnt know he was calling and they all told him im a great person and told him in details about my car...If for some reason he dont like something he can get ALL his money back and start stripping my car and im left with a court date,Right?I told him to fly out,pay me and drive it home..

I know this car,with what it has,is worth twice my asking price in a good market and twice my asking price now,if I part it out(which I just cant do)...I really think at this point I need to refund his "non refundable deposit" and just be done with it...I will just keep the car till things turn around or wait for a cash in hand buyer??..What do you think?

Here is my car ad..
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/320656-86-grandnational-one-nicest-forum.html

I Have my car for sale...I have a guy in Cali(not a forum member) who wants the car and said he would give me a $500 non-refundable deposit(which he has threw paypal) and pay the rest in cash.....Now he wants to send it all to my PayPal($16,000 with paypal fees) with his credit card? Now im worried that with PayPal they can withdraw the money back if he lies or whatever(it happened to a friend of mine)...Im also worried being a credit card he could also dispute the charge or something..(Pretty much try to screw me)...Nothing is safer than cash in my hand is how ive allways been..So I email him my concerns just as I posted here and this was his response..

"I have to say, I dont mind having the security of being able to dispute the transaction on my end just as a precaution"

"remember I am buying this car sight unseen so its good to know I have some recourse if anything went wrong"

What could go wrong,he wants a shipping company to pick it up and deliver it to him,I have sent him every picture and every flaw on my,close to flawless car,he also has spoke to at least 8 people that know this car that are business owners also and didnt know he was calling and they all told him im a great person and told him in details about my car...If for some reason he dont like something he can get ALL his money back and start stripping my car and im left with a court date,Right?I told him to fly out,pay me and drive it home..

I know this car,with what it has,is worth twice my asking price in a good market and twice my asking price now,if I part it out(which I just cant do)...I really think at this point I need to refund his "non refundable deposit" and just be done with it...I will just keep the car till things turn around or wait for a cash in hand buyer??..What do you think?

Here is my car ad..
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/320656-86-grandnational-one-nicest-forum.html

CASH OR US PO MONEY ORDER ONLY BABY:wink:

I wouldn't do it...

Like when he gets his new toy and throws a rod in it, you know who sold him a crappy car right...

Give him his money back.

I sold my s10 to a family friend who turned around and sold it a few years later. The buyer signed a paper stating it was an as is purchase. The buyer pays for it through paypal and has it transferred into his name. A week later he complains to paypal and they pull all the money out of my friends account. Now, he has no truck and no money. It was a fight to get everything straightened out. In the end it was the as is document the buyer signed that saved him.

CASH OR US PO MONEY ORDER ONLY BABY:wink:

I wouldn't do it...

If he wants the car bad enough he can get the Money Order or the Cash. If he cannot do that then I would walk.

It doesn't sound right. If I were spending $16,000, I'd fly out and see the car. I'd also have cash or a cashier's check - whatever the buyer preferred.

The 500 as a non-refundable deposit is fine as you cannot sell the car for a specified amount of time

Tell him to wire the rest to your bank account and gomfrom there. The money paid through paypal for fees will cover a roundtrip airfare

If not,walk away

If the guy wants to spend $16k on a car he obviously wants it bad enough. You're the one with the leverage. Cash up front; no exceptions. If he wants the "security to be able to dispute the transaction" he should buy a plane ticket and see it for himself... (ie: all the scurity in the world) If he likes it he can drive it home, or help load it on the transport- after he's seen the car and agreed to the terms and conditions and paid you...

No Brainer... Too many scams out there these days...

Dear kind sur.

I am pleasently awaiting arival to the states of america for orphange that i run for small starving chilldren and wish to purchase your fine automobile I only ask you one small favor as I am in much need for some starving chilldren.

My uncle who died at the hands of rebels in east moronica in the congo left me sum of US $20 trillion US funds to be depositid directly into your back account apon transaction of siad small starving chilldren who need a fine automobile such as the one you wish to sell.

please contact me soon as i await instrutcions

Dear kind sur.

I am pleasently awaiting arival to the states of america for orphange that i run for small starving chilldren and wish to purchase your fine automobile I only ask you one small favor as I am in much need for some starving chilldren.

My uncle who died at the hands of rebels in east moronica in the congo left me sum of US $20 trillion US funds to be depositid directly into your back account apon transaction of siad small starving chilldren who need a fine automobile such as the one you wish to sell.

I thought I was the only one who got those emails :D:eek::mad:

No way with doing it all PayPal.

Like others have said, the ball is in your court, not his. You have what he wants.

I sold a Cutlass I had after buying my GN. I live in WI, new owner in TN. He Certified Mail mailed me a cashiers check, I had my bank verify the funds, I cashed the check, & then Certified Mail mailed him the title & spare keys.

He arranged for a shipping company to haul it for him, at his expense.

This is one of two ways I would deal with any potential buyer if I were you. The other being a cash in hand, face-to-face transaction.

I Have my car for sale...I have a guy in Cali(not a forum member) who wants the car and said he would give me a $500 non-refundable deposit(which he has threw paypal) and pay the rest in cash.....
The $500 Non Refundable deposit is fine through pay-pal and make sure you do a "pay-pal request" for it and also make sure you put in the Notes that it is a Non refundable deposit only! then if anything happens he can/might be only intitled to that $500.

DO NOT!! Accept the whole payment via Pay-pal. The fee's would be around $577.50 taken from Your ballance leaving you with $15,922.50.

AND then he can dispute the whole transaction and cause total hell for you.

CASH IS KING! But a Wire transfer is just as good. BE CAREFUL!!

Dear kind sur.

East Moronica? I have a few friends that live there... :biggrin:

A lot of places wont let you buy a cashiers check or do a wire transfer with a credit card tho..theres gotta be some other way to do it so you dont get hosed though...

Thanks for all the help here...I talked to him and said option 1 is cash in hand or option 2 is my bank can contact his bank and they can exchange bank info just to keep the accounts between the banks and the account holders and do a wire transfer...This isnt one of those scams you see daily,this just is a deal where,like most stated,could turn out bad if im not carefull...If i dont hear from him in a day or so I will just refund the deposit and not sell...I originally told him id holdit 7-10 days on the deposit but after this email and another crazy one I got from him im thinking of refunding the deposit...His other email was " do you know what the procedure would be to release a car from registration in FL? What part would you be responsible for and what would I be responsible for? (I had a real bad experience a few years ago transferring a car from VA to CA, cost me a lot of money and time to fix...)"

The only thing im responsible for is my signature on the title and the only thing im paying for is the ink its written with...

These few emails are making wonder about the deal now,I had a local buyer too but he really pushed the deal...

I'd say it your terms or nothing for him. He can take it or leave it. It's not your fault he has to put it on a card. If he's got to put it on a CC, he probably shouldn't be buying a car.