IAC #s on scanmaster 2.1

nicky6

Dad: Leave the car alone!
Can someone tell me what the IAC#s are suppose to be on the scanmaster at idle? All the info on gnttype.org is for the turbo-link I believe. Right now mine are at 20-25 is that correct? If not what could be causing such high numbers? And how could it be corrected?

IAC numbers are IAC numbers. The scantool is just reading what the ECM sends, so use the same guidelines.

High numbers could just be an adjustment needed.

20-25 isn't really all that bad, BTW.

Thanks for the info Ken. I'm trying to chase down this stalling problem I have. The car idles fine,all the settings on the scanmaster are correct, but if I step on the gas real hard then let off the car just dies. DRIVING ME MAD!!!

If you find the answer to your stalling problems,please post them. I am having the same problem with my car. I sucks to "hit it" and then feel it shut off.

Keep adjusting the IAC & TPS. Its a pain but I believe i got it .Just remember everytime you move the screw for the minium idle you move the throttle plate,which moves the TPS. Tricky!!

Originally posted by nicky6
Keep adjusting the IAC & TPS. Its a pain but I believe i got it .Just remember everytime you move the screw for the minium idle you move the throttle plate,which moves the TPS. Tricky!!

And shut the car off and restart after each adjustment. Believe me - it helps.

_BOB