Idles rich

turbota440

Using a Gen 2 with a G Chip
LS1 3.5 mag.
Car idles rich. You can smell it and the plugs are black. Fuel pressure set at 42 psi with hose on. Replaced the O2 sensor and is better but not good.
What would you suggest I do to lean it in the Gen2 ?

You've got the manual, right? Why not just try adjusting the low load tune?

You've got the manual, right? Why not just try adjusting the low load tune?
Hello Dave
Yes I tried that and not a noticeable change. Didn't want to go past a 10% reduction.
Also have 65lb Motron injectors with 60,000 miles.
I guess what I want to know is there any other adjustment beside low load fuel specifically for idle or is that the only tuning parameter for idle quality. If that's it then I will continue to lean the low side and check.
Thanks

I used to run the Pro not the GenII so the only thing I know about it is what's in the maual.

I used to run the Pro not the GenII so the only thing I know about it is what's in the maual.
So what do you like now a days for a street car. I have a 7 year old XFI unit that was for another project. Never used still in the box. Is that overkill for an occasional street driver.

I think so.

I do like speed density, but not to the complexity of XFI.

I'm running the new SD2chip/powerlogger combo. Works great!!
SD2 chip ?? I own a powerlogger. So who makes it and where can I read up on it ? Does it work with any particular translator.

Thanks

SD2 chip ?? I own a powerlogger. So who makes it and where can I read up on it ? Does it work with any particular translator.

Thanks
Turbo Tweak makes it , just search on this board and you will find all about it , I have it to and works great , you can do away with your translator as this is MAF less , less parts to deal with and get the job done .

Turbo Tweak makes it , just search on this board and you will find all about it , I have it to and works great , you can do away with your translator as this is MAF less , less parts to deal with and get the job done .
Thanks I'll check it out. By the way how is idle fuel adjusted with that setup ??

Thanks I'll check it out. By the way how is idle fuel adjusted with that setup ??
You adjust it with the chip , Eric presets your idle and then you can set the mixture after that , I used the closed loop mode and let the WB do the adjusting just like the big boy stuff .