ignition module + coil pack.

we4turbo

A while back I was having a problem with the coil pack and module. The car would run, but under boost would miss. This was a coil pack and module from auto zone. I had been using this coil pack and module for a couple of years. I switched out for a new one. Installed the car wouldn't even start. Bottom line I ended up going thur about 3 modules to get one good one. I lasted about 1 week. I just took it back for exchange. I have been using a friends coil and module for a while now, with no problems.

Today, I bought another coil pack and module from NAPA this time, top of the line installed per instructions, and double checked against the one that came off the car. The car want start. Any ideas? , or is this like the MAF sensors hit and miss with the good one.

Thanks,

David

Those aftermarket ignition modules are iffy at best. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. You can't even check them with a coilpak tester. I just checked 8 wells units. Either they didn't start the car and if they did, they'd cause the car to backfire at half throttle.

Thanks John,

Well at least it not just me. I thought the high dollar NAPA would surely work. I guess its GM or nothing.

Thanks,

David

Make sure that the coil pack is on the module correctly and that the wires from the module are going to the correct tabs. Double check the cylinder numbers are the same as the on ethat works off the car. The first time I hooked mine up I did it wrong and the car didn't start. Took it apart and did it the right way and no more problem.

HTH