il antq plates

wile87

BEEP BEEP MY ASS
i just went to renew my antique plates on the 87 gn and now they say the vehicle has to be 25 yo to be eligible. why in the world would they change this? they said they sent a letter saying that i shouldn't have gotten them to begin with. when i went my buds sister who is a superviser at elston put it thru for me. you would think that she would know if it's ok. it was her division

i just went to renew my antique plates on the 87 gn and now they say the vehicle has to be 25 yo to be eligible. why in the world would they change this? they said they sent a letter saying that i shouldn't have gotten them to begin with. when i went my buds sister who is a superviser at elston put it thru for me. you would think that she would know if it's ok. it was her division

I just looked into the antique plates for my 85 and found out the more than 25 year rule. The answer is the state of illinois(joke of the whole U.S) is bankrupt and they need to suck to blood out of everybody is order to live a little longer. Springfield is now brain dead and it is only a matter of time until the blood stops flowing. Take-care. Brad

there has to be a way to file a suit againest the state for all the people that are getting screwed. how can they say out of the blue that it's going to be 25 now, screw you guys who have been already paying on the old 20 year plan

No sympathy for u pal...

Ur almost as bad as me when it comes to letting our cars sit in the garage close to completion. ;)! U dont need plates anyway U know me...If u get a parking ticket just PM me and Ill take care of it. Moving violations are no worry either just dont stop, remember we have a no chase policy in Chicago.:D

Oh I get it now.

$30/$37 for 5 years (until Dec 2014) with antique
or
$99/$106 X 5 years = $495/$530 otherwise.

Ur almost as bad as me when it comes to letting our cars sit in the garage close to completion. ;)! U dont need plates anyway U know me...If u get a parking ticket just PM me and Ill take care of it. Moving violations are no worry either just dont stop, remember we have a no chase policy in Chicago.:D

I plead the 5th

Since I will be "the 1st" to get them next year I will brag to all of you the whole year!! Check My Sig...:wink:

Maybe she was trying to slide it through for you.
Illinois has always been 25 years on Antique Plates. Probably why the sent the later. To explain her "error"

ILLINOIS ANTIQUE PLATES and PLATE VERIFICATION LINK

Oh I get it now.

$30/$37 for 5 years (until Dec 2014) with antique
or
$99/$106 X 5 years = $495/$530 otherwise.

Remember that there are restrictions to ANTIQUE PLATES. I had them on my 70 BUICK and still have them on my 72 BUICK. When you fill out paperwork you will agree to limited use. I cant remeber the exact wording but basically car can only be used for CAR SHOWS or PUBLIC DISPLAYS, PARADES, to and from a SERVICE STATION or DEMONSTRATION. I have been pulled over a few times when I was driving my cars home at night. Always gets me when I frequently see "Beaters" driving with antique plates on a regular basis.

Also of help, here is a link for those who don't know about it. Illinois pick a plate allows you to see if your choice of vanity or personalized plates is available. Saves you the trouble of listing potential plates just to find they are not available.

https://www.ilsos.gov/PickAPlateWeb/index1.html

i know other guys with g'ns that had antiques on theem, i'd swear it was 20 yrs old for ever. she wouldn't have tried to sneak them thru. she wouldn't risk her reputation at her job for something so trevial as plates. i looked thru law revisions but that only applies to offenses commited not fees for plates and registration. they all went up why not slide that thru for antiques to. it's not unheard of in this screwed up state

i know other guys with g'ns that had antiques on theem, i'd swear it was 20 yrs old for ever. she wouldn't have tried to sneak them thru. she wouldn't risk her reputation at her job for something so trevial as plates. i looked thru law revisions but that only applies to offenses commited not fees for plates and registration. they all went up why not slide that thru for antiques to. it's not unheard of in this screwed up state
It has been 25 years since the mid 90s if not longer!