I'm Back in the Turbo Buick Game

turbocop294

Everyone,

Some of you may remember that I sold my 86 Grand National a few months ago. The car needed paint, interior work, mouse eviction and wiring repair due to the darn mice. It had some rust due to leaky T-Tops, but was running well a year or so ago. My buddy Tony bought it for $2k, and I used the funds to refinance my house.
After having the car for barely a month, Tony fixed the floorpan's rust spot, the left t-top area, put in a brand new carpet and had the seats recovered in a similar (non-pallex) cloth. He then painted the car metallic black, changed the fuel pumps, did a tuneup and had the mice kicked out. The wires were mostly repaired too.
A few days after the car was painted, my wife and I stopped by the garage to see the car, which looked a lot like how it was when I first bought it in 1997. Tony and his wife yelled, "Surprise!" and he gave me the car back FOR THE SAME $2K. :cool: He even had a set of Foose floor mats in the car, which was funny because I felt like I was Overhauled!
We asked him why they were doing that for us, and Tony said it was about time someone did something nice for us. It was a very humbling moment. He was gracious enough to hold on the car while I got my garage cleaned out so I could finally park something indoors. Two thousand dollars may not be a lot to some people, but Tony was patient enough to let me make payments to him.
The car got insured, titled and registered today, and it was the first time I've driven it in over two years. Now I just have to resolve a few minor issues (it's always something with these cars), and need to get collector insurance so I don't spend a fortune with my regular company.
Thank you, Tony, for such a blessing. You are a true friend. It's good to be back in the fold, and I already have a bunch of questions/ideas floating around in my head.

Mark

I have plenty of "before" pics on my phone- it wasn't pretty. I took some photos after driving it yesterday; when I'm not working all of this OT I will play around with getting a few posted up.
Thanks for the kind words everyone, from when I sold it to when i got my car back.
Mark

That's great. Its hard to do the thing u want in life and funds are always limited to most. U see so much stuff others has but sometimes u can't do it. Just work hard a do what you can. Everyone needs a little help sometimes. Good friends are very hard to find.

Confucius say "pics or it didnt happen" and thats a fact jack