I'm loosing my mind!

Josh, you are out there.. Dont you dare say that!! You will get your car together before TT6.. Dont give up!!

Its been together for a week and now I have developed a miss and a backfire. I have searched and read alot of threads and replace lots of parts from my other car that work fine. Last wed. I went to Pacific and ran a 12.4 @ 88mph because I shut down at 2/3 track when the car backfired. It was fun until that point. Now I'm just frustrated! :confused:

Take advantage of the great Turbo Buick community and ask for help. It's okay, Josh. Hang in there. You'll feel much better once it's running strong down Woodburn drag strip.

Get hold of Gene and take it to Speedway Automotive in Lynnwood. Gene will help ya out.

TurboSlacker said:
Get hold of Gene and take it to Speedway Automotive in Lynnwood. Gene will help ya out.
<- what he said :)

A 12.44 shutting off that early shows a ton of potential...

As they say...git r done!

The car pulls hard now compared to before and I was trapping at 109mph before the latest mods. It should trap 115-120 now if I can figure it out. I hate to bother Gene with my problems but I might have no choice. :(

I don't think the GN will make an appearance at TT6! :confused: Do you know where I can find a big cliff?

I've had a change of heart and will know have to punish Dan at TT6! ;) :D Yes ,Victory is mine! :D

Change the know to now and fill me in on the problem ;) . Was it the balancer thing in the other post????

Adam

Josh, check it out, the powder coating on my wheels is turning them invisible :eek:

Adam

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 98
Yeah, I should have proof read that. The harmonic balancer pulley bolt was hand tight and at certian rpm's it would vibrate and hit the crank sensor and knock the spark out of the motor. B efore I read your post I was trippin' on that pic! ;) I'll call you tomarrow, Its like 1;30 in the morning and I couldn't sleep because one of the wanna be gangsta's across the street got shot in the foot somehow! :eek: :confused: :D They are getting evicted at the end of the month and I couldn't be happier about it.

JP87GN said:
The harmonic balancer pulley bolt was hand tight and at certian rpm's it would vibrate and hit the crank sensor and knock the spark out of the motor..
I guess that was the problem and im glad you found it :) I believe that was one of the things i told you to check :D

geno said:
I guess that was the problem and im glad you found it :) I believe that was one of the things i told you to check :D
Yes, I think it was the first thing out of your mouth after I told you what was going on! Props to Geno for the diagnosis! :D I'm glad its fixed. I was ready to throw the car cover on it and send it into early hibernation! ;)