I'm one sore SOB!!!

i just started lifting myself this past week...i got in a major car accident 2 months ago and that was my end to my regular lifting program...so now i am starting back up again and boy i was SORE last week...now i am on my 2nd week and it's not as bad but still sore after lifting...start out slow and light at first then gradually work your way back up into the heavy stuff...

Originally posted by d0n_3d
start out slow and light at first then gradually work your way back up into the heavy stuff...

Yeah that's pretty much what I've been doing this first week....

It's good to see that I'm not the only one that was slackin' and started back..... Kind of like a workout support group or a motivational group:D

BTW, I'm going to have to try stretching my chest out cause usually I just stretch my arms out when doing upper body..... Should lessen the pain a bit like Scott said:cool:

...and take it from me when I say: Make SURE your aZZ is centered on the bench when doing dumb bell bench presses. Had a 75 in each hand and slid to one side as I was laying down. Tweaked the hell out of my lower back. I'm a hobbling mess tonight :mad:

Don't know what hurts more, the knee or the back ;)

Originally posted by OneQuikV6
...and take it from me when I say: Make SURE your aZZ is centered on the bench when doing dumb bell bench presses. Had a 75 in each hand and slid to one side as I was laying down. Tweaked the hell out of my lower back. I'm a hobbling mess tonight :mad:

Don't know what hurts more, the knee or the back ;)

That sucks dude! Yeah it's always important to be careful when working with free weights (especially when working with heavier weight).....

Take it easy and I hope you feel better!:)

Thanks :D That's my first lifting-related injury in over a year too. I'm usually very careful but I guess I just misjudged my position before laying back. Oh well..it'll heal ;)

Cool thread by the way!

Yup it'll heal (hot shower always helps me)....

It's happened to me a couple of times where I'll lay down on the bench and accidentally slide a bit to one side which causes me to be off balance when I lift...... Lucky for me I've never hurt myself that way, but you know that old saying "every dog has its day!":D ;)

I too started working out again, pulled out the ole BullWorker and did a few reps, then jumped to the trusty thigh master, did a few reps there really felt the burn.

Tomorrow gonna work cardio by hooking up the doorknob contraption I bought on TV and doing some reps there. I know I'm gonna be sore but in the end it will be well worth it I feel.