I'm seriously considering selling my under 6k mile TTA...

89TTA/95TA Vert

what would be a fair price for such a vehicle? It is a leather/T-Top car, 5,980 original, untouched car with the exception of the following: Rear Aero spoiler (changed due to the notorious cracking/splitting issues), tires (Gatorbacks pulled off at 5,700 miles and put in my basement) and all the fluids. Other than that sh'es been sitting on carpet warpped in a Car Jacket for the last 4.5 years and has accumulated only 250 miles during my ownership (wife, kids, 3 other vehicles yadda... yadda... yadda). The motor has nver been touched either.

I appreciate any and all honest realistic info.
Thanks!

If you look on Autotrader you will see some cars with similar mileage with asking prices in the low $20s. Some of those cars have been on there for months or longer. Realistically I would think your car would sell for $17k-$19k fairly quickly. If you hold out for more $$ you may get it depending on how plentiful mint TTAs are in your neck of the woods. I sold one with 3,800 original miles last December for $20k and had it for sale for 3-4 months before anyone came to look at it. These cars are a hard sell unless you have someone who knows what they are looking for and has the $$ to spend. Good luck on the sale.

Unless you need the money, you've held on to it this long, I'd hang on to it a few more years as the prices are slowly starting to creep up. I'd agree, around the $20k area right now. I bought mine in Jan 2001 with 5,400 miles on it for $14.9k. GNs are starting to go up in value, TTA can't be far behind.

Robs right

Their day is just around the corner ;)

Unless you need the money, 3-4 years from now they will be bringing good money :) .

PS-

If your thinking 17k PM me :eek:

a few months ago, I paid 19.5 for mine and it had 9k miles on it.

I think your cars mileage would make it worth maybe a grand more. 21k maybe?

but like others have already said, you have to find a buyer that knows what these cars are.

I had wanted one since my senior year in highschool. if I hadnt known what the car was, and its history, then id never have even considered giving 20k for it.

good luck.

Right on freak

Today I say 21k to the knowledgable buyer :)

In a few years maybe upper 20s-30 will get it. :eek:

JOHNDEEREGN said:
Today I say 21k to the knowledgable buyer :)

In a few years maybe upper 20s-30 will get it. :eek:

It is going to take a serious number of collectors to decide they want a TTA to start bringing the price up 50% sometime in the next few years. There are just too many low mileage mint TTAs tucked away for them to go up that much that soon.

Don't get me wrong.....they are awesome cars and one heck of a performance bargain even if you had to pay over $20k but the demand just isn't there and probably won't be for a while. It took the GNX 16-17 years to really start to climb......and there are 3 times as many TTAs so how long will itbe for them to climb? Maybe the hardtops will start to climb a bit first but there are just too many t-top/leather cars out there with very low miles for them to climb significantly very quickly.

89TTA/95TA Vert said:
what would be a fair price for such a vehicle? It is a leather/T-Top car, 5,980 original, untouched car with the exception of the following: Rear Aero spoiler (changed due to the notorious cracking/splitting issues), tires (Gatorbacks pulled off at 5,700 miles and put in my basement) and all the fluids. Other than that sh'es been sitting on carpet warpped in a Car Jacket for the last 4.5 years and has accumulated only 250 miles during my ownership (wife, kids, 3 other vehicles yadda... yadda... yadda). The motor has nver been touched either.

Thanks!
Jeff,
Is that you?

I would think $21K is about right. Sell it in the Summer. Thease cars are very seasonal and bring more in the Summer months.

Take it to the Trans Am Nationals in Dayton with a for sale sign on it. It will get some attention. :)

- Dave

89TTA/95TA Vert

....lets be realistic....$19,500 and I can be ready 2 purchase and pick up in 2-3 months.

I can come out and look at it next week...and leave a deposit

I will drive the sh*t out of it and put it on ebay with 135,000 miles 7 years from now...and a buy it now price of $3200 .....LIFE IS SHORT MY TRANS AM PEOPLE

like some of you that want a return on money....play the stock market...let the driving 2 MEEEEEEEEeeeeee :cool:

TTAs were never good seller's even when NEW !! I personally would sell it because you don't use it BUT if ya have someplace to just let it sit and don't need the $$$$ .... wellllllll ... I did the same with a 66 Shelby Conv ... drove it the summer of 1976 . Car has 20 something k on it :eek: :biggrin:

Finally pulled my TTA out after 10 months of storage. 5,964 miles on the clock. I almost forgot what it looked like, it's been awhile since it has seen daylight. :smile:

Attachments

• Both Trans Ams FRONT.JPG
    Both Trans Ams FRONT.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 113
  • SPEEDOAS OF Aug 9 2005_0248.JPG
    SPEEDOAS OF Aug 9 2005_0248.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 94
  • TTA ENGINE Aug 9 2005_0277.JPG
    TTA ENGINE Aug 9 2005_0277.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 98
  • Both Trans Ams REAR RIGHT.JPG
    Both Trans Ams REAR RIGHT.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 103
Don't give up....

89TTA/95TA Vert said:

Thanks!

I sold a MINT 23k mile TTA this Spring.

I was amazed at the number of serious people out there. Could have sold it three times. There are more TTA buyers than our regular boardmembers know. I sold the car to a boardmember (long time GN owner) who reads this board but has never posted....Not even once.

When I finished the sale of the car and the owner's kit (separately) I totaled $17,100. It was a special car, but, most on this board will tell you that price is impossible. :D

I have a new TTA....But, I won't park it within a block of my old one. It can't hold a candle to the MINT car I just sold.

lee

P.S. Your geographic location will impact the number of buyers willing to come look at it. East coast is best....I am right in the middle of the CONUS, that helped a lot.

I offered him what I can afford......otherwise I sleep in the car....wifey thingy :(

i see you have a 1961 wife....mine is a 1968 wife :) ..more of a temper i think

maybe I should look for an expensive station wagon if I have 2 sleep in it :D :D

FWIW & IMHO:
This is a very bad time to be looking at TTA's.
A 27K mile TTA just got appraised on the east coast for $ 28K.
Need to give everybody some time for their hat size to shrink back to normal.
Let's see: a 27K mile TTA appraised at $ 28K, so, okay, that means that Dave's 6K mile hardtop TTA is only worth, hhmm.
J/K, Dave.