Improvements???

Aegis

I just did my test and tune of two passes and on the first pass I launched at 4# and ran 11.8 with a 1.7 60 ft time. It seemed at the end of the run I was running low on fuel and didnt have enough motor/red lining.
On my second pass I again launched at 4# and ran 11.6 and same 60ft time. I had turned up the fuel 3# and alcohol up 2#. It seemed I was getting enough fuel but still red lining.
I am considering removing the 3.73 gears the previous owner put in and going back to the 3.42 and also installing a converter. Tranny is still stock.
Any thoughts?

You answered your question. These cars dont like 3.73 gears with the combo you have. 3.42 are the correct ratio for our combos.

A little cheaper Fix would be to go to a taller tire what size tire are you running now? It would effectively lower your gear ratio.

I am running 255/60/15 mickey thompson et streets.
What would you suggest as far as a converter?

If you put on a taller tire, it will lower your RPMs on the top end, but if you put in a looser converter, that may cause slippage on top end which will negate any RPM reduction gained with taller tires.

Could your transmission be slipping, you said it was stock, correct? You may want to try locking your converter in high gear which will reduce slippage.