in need of some major ISAC help!!!

missin' 2

ok so here goes.. i need some guidance on what to do here. i have two runs here that have both done the same thing to me. it looks to me that when the alky pump kicks on i lose my tac signal. it did it on both runs. i am trying to do my first setup on this and am not sure what mode bleeder or blocker i need to use. i have the ir valve that is hooked up 1. line in 2. line to the wastegate 3.exhaust. is this right? Bleeder or blocker? what should i do to either turn the pump off for now to see if that is throwing it off or also how to get the boost down lower? thanks a ton

Attachments

• run 1.zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 45
  • run 2.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 56
How is everything wired up? Where are your grounds for the unit?

J1
black- is going to engine ground on back of pass. head
green- to map sensor signal along with power logger imput sig.
red- to power up fp transducer
yel/grn- not used yet probably going to do stage mode
grey violet- tps sig
white blue- tac sig. i used a white wire that was at the front left of the valve cover.
brown- shield on julios alky pump for low pressure. it is set at 50 psi.

J2
brown- one side of boost solenoid. the other side is wired to a switched 12VDC
grey orange- not used
purple-same solder point as my lc1 ground. that goes to the same spot as J1 black
yel/grn- not used
grn- not used
violet/orange- lc1 input same point as pl input

J3
pink/grn- switched 12VDC seperate fused circuit than alky pump
brn/light green- black wire from alky pump
2 blacks- same solder point as J1 black
grey- not used

I think where youre picking up your tach signal is the issue. If you look in the manual, thats not where I specified the tach input should be picked up.

Ok I see that it says that it should be soldered to the wire that sends engine pulses back to the ecm.. Do you know where that wire is or what wire it is. Also another thing I was wondering is, is there an updated user manual that has the newer software screenshots and correct function names used in the examples

I think I mentioned where to pick that up in the manual. Its at the ECM, I just dont remember which wire off the top of my head. The published manual is the only version. As far as I know, any changes made afterwards were small. I can revise it if it needs it. Its been on my list of things to do if people every start realizing how awesome this device is.

All it says in the manual that I downloaded from the sicky in the alky section is that it needs to be connected to the signal going to the ecm.. There is no mention of what wire it is specifically for buick.

What should I be using for boost configuration. I just replaced the RJC controller with the IR solenoid, 1 in 2 out 3 exhaust

Lets get the RPM signal working first. You can use a single solenoid in either a bleeder or a blocker configuration. I think Bob prefers singles to run in blocker.

Let me pull up an ECM pinout and Ill figure out which wire it is.

Try B5 or B3. Its one of the crank reference wires. For some reason Im thinking its Crank Low, which is B3.

Its the smaller of the two. Im at work and havent looked inside a Buick in probably over 2 years so this is the best I can do at this point.

Ok. I will try that when I get home.

I'm curious on how I would hook up to use the gear based boost control feature? Any suggestions or its rpm better

RPM is better although you could do it with the gear switches in the transmission.

Keep in mind the ISAC wasnt just developed for Buicks. The gear thing was more for other cars. We wanted to include stuff that everyone could make use of.

Ok. Well when I get home I will switch the tac wire and take it out if its not raining. Can you take a peek at my logs I put in my first post and see if I need to change anything?

Ok I got it hooked up to b5 and it didn't loose signal. That's all good. Now I need to get the boost control feature working

this is what i came up with after fixing the tac signal. i think on this log the warning and fail illuminates because of a lean condition that happens on the lc-1

Attachments

• run 4.zip
    10.7 KB · Views: 70