information on building a motor

BOSS 6

I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on building a turbobuick engine. I'm currently having one built by a guy who knows a lot about them,but Ireally don't feel good about asking for his input maybe take someone else's and put if with his,its something I want to get into, because Im' thinking about buying another turbo regal:confused: :confused: :confused:

I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on building a turbobuick engine. I'm currently having one built by a guy who knows a lot about them,but Ireally don't feel good about asking for his input maybe take someone else's and put if with his,its something I want to get into, because Im' thinking about buying another turbo regal:confused: :confused: :confused:

You would probably be best served placing a call to Jack Cotton or Brian Weber or any other vendor on this board. They can point you in the right direction and help you with a solid build.

Be careful double guessing your engine builder's work. Some engine builders can get pretty bent out of shape when you do that. If you're not sure he knows what he's doing, you probably have it at the wrong shop.

?

DonWG Be careful double guessing your engine builder's work. Some engine builders can get pretty bent out of shape when you do that. If you're not sure he knows what he's doing, you probably have it at the wrong shop.

x2 on that!

Also don't be afraid to ask questions remember he wants your money!:cool:

Google Jack Merkel. He wrote some good articles on Buick V6 build ups. in GMPERFORMANCE magazine.

Calling Jack Cotton is a good idea too..he knows 1 or 2 things about these cars.;)

I also recommend Weber Racing, they're doing my shortblock right now. Bryan is helpful and even saved me a few bucks.:cool:

Brian and I have talked many hours. He is a good resource and source. I recommend him to as many people as possible. All my headwork and numerous parts come from Brian.

I always talk to my customers. I am not affraid to have them ask questions and am more than happy to talk to them. If your engine builder has not fully discussed what is going on then go talk to them. If they get bent out of shape then that is a sign that maybe you might consider someone else. Not saying you should he could just be having a bad day.

I have customers always come to me and say well I heard this I heard that I saw this I saw that. If it is something interesting I look. If it is a different opinion I explain my reasoning for mine.

Point being is trust the builder you are using and go talk to him. Good ones that I have met are willing to spend time with you.