injector problem

bates123

anybody know what i could check to fix my know injector pulse problem. i have pulse on + side but no -

Not the..

anybody know what i could check to fix my know injector pulse problem. i have pulse on + side but no -

way the TR system works.
"+" side is not pulsed, the "-" side is.
"know"...??:eek: :D
Maybe a bit of history, a description of why U R trying to make this test?
If it's what I think, buy a $10 noid lite. That'll tell you what you need to "no".:biggrin:

i have fuel and have ignition. i have changed the cam sensor and the ECM and i still cant get her to start i have fuel pressure at the fuel rail.........:confused: :confused: :confused:

How about a bit of history..What else have you done to the car?
What car is it?

it is a 87 gn .30 over with trw forged pistons forged rods 210 205 cam 1.76 valves copper head gaskets t62 turbo 42.5 injectors essex fuel system.....i just bought it last week....like i said i replace the cam sensor and ecm so far

Since you say you have fuel and spark, I'd think that the next item to check would be the cam sensor. Could be it is off location and/or in 180* out.You'd still get spark and fuel, but....

ok since its been sitting so long ive just been buying things. i bought a crank sensor also probably wasted my money but atleast it will be new. we actully didnt remove the whole crank sensor just the cap. soon as u hit it with a shot of starter fluid she fire right off the bat.

i also noticed there was a 20 amp fuseble link i think it might be orange. its broken off

Stuck injectors. My GN has sat for a couple years cause I was working a lot of overtime and didn't have time to do the rear main seal and timing chain and gears. I drained the gas out over 2 yrs ago so it wouldn't go bad and gum things up. Since I got laid off I did the maintenance that it needed.
So when I was done, it would crank but not fire. I spent 2 whole days going thru the charts and checking everything and it was all good, but wouldn't fire. Had fuel pressure, injector pulse, spark, ohmed the injectors, and all the voltages were correct. I finally decided to put 12 volts to each injector and they wouldn't click. Used the handle of my screwdriver and gave it a couple taps and it started flowing ( saw fuel pressure gage go down ).
It FIRED right up :D :D
I spent hours on these sites reading all the posts on cranks but won't start, and didn't read anything about stuck injectors. I pulled out half my hair trying to figure this out. :mad:
Now all I got to do is find a job so I can put insurance on it and drive it.
Tarey

"If" the ecm was not getting power, the fuel pump would not run (No pressure at the rail, unless you hot wire it), and it would not start with starting fluid.
Best bet is to;
1 - Verify cam sensor like Chuck said :D
2 - Ask Chuck for a cheap place you could send your injectors to for cleaning and testing. :cool: (I remember reading about a GREAT place his side of the USA that does that sort of thing)

More leads...

OK, some more info is being "leaked".. Car has set for some period, and the orange wire to the ecm is broken off??
[You continue to "withhold" info, you could be subject to waterboarding!!]:eek: :D
As Jer said, if that wire is really broken, there is NO spark, and there is NO fuel pump prime.
If you sprayed start fluid, and it ran, there's either an alternate power feed to the ecm, or that orange wire is not broken.
"ok since its been sitting so long ive just been buying things." How long has it been sitting???
If it's set long enuf to allow the injs to stick shut, the entire fuel system must be cleaned, INCLUDING the tank.
Once that's done, the injs must be cleaned/tested.

With enough cranking the oil pressure switch will close and turn on the fuel pump. The oil pressure switch is in parallel with the fuel pump relay, and bypasses it.

As others have mentioned the orange fusible link'd wire at the battery is ECM battery+ power. Barring other issues fixing this will have your GN up and running.

RemoveBeforeFlight

thanks for taking the time to try and help me. it kinda looks like some1 cut that wire maybe trying to trouble shoot. the car was last titled in 2002 and yes as u said some1 has hot wired the fuel pump on this car. kinda wish i would've left this headache where it was.i just got rid of we-4 missing it already. its raining here today but when it stops i will tap the injectors with something. i did notice when i took the ecm out there was a lot of corroison on the plug i cleaned them but still nothing

thanks for taking the time to try and help me. it kinda looks like some1 cut that wire maybe trying to trouble shoot. the car was last titled in 2002 and yes as u said some1 has hot wired the fuel pump on this car. kinda wish i would've left this headache where it was.i just got rid of we-4 missing it already. its raining here today but when it stops i will tap the injectors with something. i did notice when i took the ecm out there was a lot of corroison on the plug i cleaned them but still nothing

You can get the car running, but that does not mean the injectors are clean.
With a noid light, you can watch and see if the injectors pulse, when you crank it.
Next thing you will want to do is crank up the boost and battle KR :mad: , so .......... get the injectors and fuel system cleaned. :)