injector questions?!?!

wyk3d

Car wiring sucks!
I have been trying to sort out a rich condition and a popping through the exhaust at low rpm for some time. The pop was there before the rebuild and after. Everything was changed except the maf and the injectors. I started pulling plugs to check and see what they looked like. Number 6 was burning rich and it was a little bit moist. I put the coil tester on it and my coil is perfect. The only thing left is the injectors. They were on there when i bought the car so that makes them maybe 5 years old, they are 42.5 injectors. I was going to pull them and have them cleaned and flowed. Will the cleaned and flowed injectors perform well or would it just be better to skip the 85 dollar charge and just buy a whole new set of 50s??

Dan

FWIW, I went and ordered the 50's. I have the 42.5's and I also had a rich condition and a stumble off the line. I never could tune my car the way I wanted. Some people can tune the 42.5's but many of us have the same kind of problem w/ the 42.5's Sounds like you have an injector either stuck open all the time or maybe it is cracked. Sometimes they can have debri in them to make them leak. Or it could be your HG.:eek: If I was you, I would go w/ the 50's. Many of the guys use them and if you ever want to go faster, you know you will have enough injector. Good linear injector and if you ge them from Racetronix, they flow test them and all. That is what I think. Take it or leave it.;) It is all in how you want to spend your money. :D

HTH,

Does caspers do a good job cleaning and flowing injectors?? They are 40min north of me and would be the easiest to send to. If not who else does em right?

Dan

Call and ask them if they do ultrasonic cleaning on them. If they do they will work as to my understanding that is the best way to clean them properly. HTH;)