injectors for ta-33

buickpower

polytetrafluoroethylene
i know i will have to get an 87 ecm and custom chip burned, but i just wanted to check with you guys to see if my figuring sounds feasible. I figured out i would need 37# injectors to feed my engine the fuel it should need, i was just wondering if it would be wise to go with 40lb or 42.5 if i should crank the boost. Or is this simply too much injector?

I will try and answer your question even though I have a TA49 by John Craig. I am running/going to be/should be/:mad: running 40# red stripe injectors.(damn car) I was told this is enough injector for my turbo. The TA33 flows about 100 CFM less then the TA49, so I am sure 40# or 42.5# will be enough...........the 37# arent that much cheaper, so might as go with 42.5#.......unless you find nice used ones. But, I have read peps say that if you go with injectors and may upgrade the turbo even more in the future you might as well go with 50# injectors right away and be done with it. I wish I would have done that. But, for you turbo I think 37#, 40#, 42.5# would work just fine. But, I am also pretty new to all this stuff so I may be totally wrong:D
I am sure once I reply the rest of the guys will chime in:cool:

Nick

I run the 37's and have a T-33. I wish I would have went with a T-49 and the 50lb injectors.

Burnout

009s hands down. You can't beat the price and they're all you'll ever need. Idle, around town driving, and emissions are like stock. My dad took his IC car to 10.80s on the old stock block motor with 009s. I know people say they will only go mid 11s but that can't be true. They were going static and FP was 55 with the line off but they still went 10s. There's no downside to them and if you ever upgrade turbos you'll still have enough injector. A Max Effort is highly recommended with them. Nothing short of a Felpro comes close. You can tune for the turbo you have and if you ever turn the boost up or upgrade you can just add more fuel with the chip.

36lb injectors Ive heard are plenty

Ive heard that 36lb injectors were suffecient. Im going to be running a TE 61 in the near future and Mr. Thompson said that would be a good setup. I think the T 49 is a little smaller, so you should be fine. Only my opinion, cant go wrong with bigger injectors just to be safe though

Matt Wenning

It would seem those injectors would be marginal if you were taking full advantage of the TE61. My dad had a TE62 and the 009s were at 110%DC at 24psi. When we took it to 28psi we had to run straight Methanol in the alky injection and signifigantly increase the volume to get the fuel we needed. If you're going to be driving around in street trim most of the time they will be fine. I just don't see why you would buy something smaller than the 009s when prices are pretty similar and there are no downsides to the 009s.