Inner Wheelwell Question

Brutal Buick

Hi Guys ... I don't have my car right now to look at to get the answer to this question. I think I remember reading a while back that the correct inner wheelwell for the turbo cars were stamped with either GN or Turbo. Is this true and if so where is it stamped??? TIA :smile:

Jamie

supposedly they are stamped but i have a stack of wheel wells and i couldn't find turbo or a part # on them. the passenger side is definatley diffrent between turbo and na cars. all the driver sides looked the same.if you need wheel wells let me know. if you are only looking for pics i can snap a couple pictures if you need them.

Thanks for the reply. The reason I am asking is because I dropped by the body shop that did the restoration on my GN last year and they are working on another one that has a few issues. It seems that the car was hit at some point (up front). When they took the car apart they found out that the DP had been touching the pass side and had melted it. I said that I thought the wheelwells were different for turbo cars and that it was possibly replaced with a N/A one. We couldn't find anything on it to identify it :confused:

Jamie