Installation help!!!

blopez

I need to install a fuel pump into my Monte and I know we all have the same engines... So any help would be greatly appreciated..

Also how do I replace the turbo gaskets? Do I need to remove turbo and carb???

If the pump is in the tank (like on Turbo Regals and GN) then just drop the tank and remove the sending unit. See if this applies.

MorBiD

Just unhook the fuel line and then two bolts hold the pump on. Pretty straight forward.

Felpro has a kit that conatins all the turbo gaskets if just taking it off and putting it back on. Or do you mean the seals inside? The turbo would have to be removed along with the plenum that the carb sits on.

That's never good. Did you order the right one or maybe they shipped you the wrong one?

That's never good. Did you order the right one or maybe they shipped you the wrong one?

I called the company and they shipped the wrong one out...:mad: .... SO im looking at getting the right one next week!!!:mad:

On a side note does anyone have a diagram of where all the vacume lines go?

K, well least you got things sorted. Usually there's a vacuum diagram some where in the engine compartment, like on the fan shroud. I have only Buick Service Manuals but if you know the engine code maybe it matches one the Regals.

Greg

K, well least you got things sorted. Usually there's a vacuum diagram some where in the engine compartment, like on the fan shroud. I have only Buick Service Manuals but if you know the engine code maybe it matches one the Regals.

Greg

Where could I find this engine code? Doent the 80 monte carlo have the same engine as the buick?

I'm not as familiar with Monte's as I am with Regal's. However in looking here under LD5 which is the Naturally Aspirated 3.8L Engine we see LC2 which is the Turbo version of the same engine.

You Engine Code is usually listed with the RPO Codes on a card mounted some where on the body.

I'm thinking though you are running the LC2 Engine.

Greg

So I installed the furl pump the other day and now the car doesnt want to start all it does is turn over!!! Before I even replaced the pump the car would turn on for about 5 secounds then shut off. Now its not even doing that what could be wrong? I check all the hoses that go to the pump and there fine.:mad:

Is the fuel pump actually pumping any fuel? It sounds like it's not. You may need to check that.

Greg

The car will need both a operational Fuel and Electrical system to "Start". It may or may not be "spark" on the electrical side.

I have a Carburetor on my car so I may not be the best source of information by memory other than looking at the service manuals.

However going by what you've posted here, your situation has gone from bad (hardly runs) to worse (won't run at all) since changing the fuel pump.

To me that would seem to indicate one of two things. Either the Pump wasn't the cause of you original problem or you installed the pump somehow wrong.

Use the right procedure for your engine for seeing if the pump is delivering fuel to either the rail or the throttle body. If it isn't then you'll need to find out why.

If it is check the fuse box for anything to do with the fuel system and if there is one that says "fuel" pull it and make it's okay.

Disconnect the negative battery cable for a minute of two, then reconnect it to clear the Computer. Actually you should have had it disconnected when you changed the pump as a safety precaution.

Greg

The car will need both a operational Fuel and Electrical system to "Start". It may or may not be "spark" on the electrical side.

I have a Carburetor on my car so I may not be the best source of information by memory other than looking at the service manuals.

However going by what you've posted here, your situation has gone from bad (hardly runs) to worse (won't run at all) since changing the fuel pump.

To me that would seem to indicate one of two things. Either the Pump wasn't the cause of you original problem or you installed the pump somehow wrong.

Use the right procedure for your engine for seeing if the pump is delivering fuel to either the rail or the throttle body. If it isn't then you'll need to find out why.

If it is check the fuse box for anything to do with the fuel system and if there is one that says "fuel" pull it and make it's okay.

Disconnect the negative battery cable for a minute of two, then reconnect it to clear the Computer. Actually you should have had it disconnected when you changed the pump as a safety precaution.

Greg

I also have a carb on my car. The pump is a out of gas tank (mechanical)..