Installed a B&M Stealth ratchet pics inside

Mr95gst

So I installed a B&M ratchet shifter, turned out really nice in the stock location. I just had to trim the console and light indicator.

image.jpg

Nice.
Any pix of the install process?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hows the operation from Park to Reverse and vice versa ? Single ratchet or double? I had the Pro Ratchet and loved the way it looked and shifted ...except the Park to Reverse double ratchet...drove me crazy so I removed it and went back to stock.

Bryan

It has a double ratchet for park, and reverse lockout clicks it into full neutral. Takes a little getting use to but I really like it. I've only had the car two weeks so I'm really getting use to the whole car. Need to get the converter loosened up so I can build some boost on the foot brake.

Nick

Hows the operation from Park to Reverse and vice versa ? Single ratchet or double? I had the Pro Ratchet and loved the way it looked and shifted ...except the Park to Reverse double ratchet...drove me crazy so I removed it and went back to stock.

Bryan

Looks like a nice install, more importantly, what cassette are you listening to? I'm trying to find all my cassettes from the 80's but I think my wife pitched them. She's young, I don't think she knew what they were.

Ooooh... I like. I have not seen that shifter before, but I like it. Looks clean! Nice work!

My girlfriend is young too I told her it's a custom IPhone holder

image.jpg

Looks like a nice install, more importantly, what cassette are you listening to? I'm trying to find all my cassettes from the 80's but I think my wife pitched them. She's young, I don't think she knew what they were.

Does the cable exit the front or rear of this shifter? I looked into ratchet shifters a while back but wasnt crazy about routing the 5' cable like an s. You did a nice job, looks like it grew there!

Does the cable exit the front or rear of this shifter? I looked into ratchet shifters a while back but wasnt crazy about routing the 5' cable like an s. You did a nice job, looks like it grew there!

It exits the front, just makes a C shape to the transmission not a big deal

It exits the front, just makes a C shape to the transmission not a big deal
How did you more or less install this onto the tunnel? I don't need pictures, just wether you had to cut stuff (besides the top of the console), I am debating on installing the one I just freed-up from my chevelle but I am not looking forward to having to chop the mounting plates for the old shifter in case I decide to go back to stock (although, if I keep the brackets it should be pretty easy to go glue back on with the welder lol)

Could you elaborate a little on the install? Did you make a mounting plate? Mount the plate to the factory mounts on the trans tunnel? OR.... ? How about the neutral safety switch / reverse light switch? Thanks for any advice / tips. I have one of these on the shelf, and want to install it soon.

Could you elaborate a little on the install? Did you make a mounting plate? Mount the plate to the factory mounts on the trans tunnel? OR.... ? How about the neutral safety switch / reverse light switch? Thanks for any advice / tips. I have one of these on the shelf, and want to install it soon.
From what I gathered about the safety switch, reverse lights and to save yourself from running extra wires and relays, you sandwich the brackets at the shifter shaft out the transmission.

When I did mine I made a mount out of aluminum bar stock from Lowe's. Ran it across the factory mounting pad secured with the factory bolts. Then was able to drill and tap the aluminum where I needed. All it needs is to be raised to fit the shifter plate. I made no modifications to the console. It will take a few times of removing and installing the console to get the position right but it's not hard to do.
Good luck

Bryan

When I did mine I made a mount out of aluminum bar stock from Lowe's. Ran it across the factory mounting pad secured with the factory bolts. Then was able to drill and tap the aluminum where I needed. All it needs is to be raised to fit the shifter plate. I made no modifications to the console. It will take a few times of removing and installing the console to get the position right but it's not hard to do.
Good luck

Bryan

Thank you, thats what I was looking for.

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated! To summarize this ( please correct me, if wrong )...
(1) Make a mounting plate from flat stock ( 3/16" or 1/4" I assume).
(2) Drill mounting plate, and bolt to stock floor brackets.
(3) Sandwich ( double-up ) the gear selector brackets to the selector shaft, and tack weld them for peace of mind.
(4) Run new B&M cable through the stock hole in the floor.

I have all my cassettes from the 80s, even my "mix tapes" LOL. Sadly, the cassette function in my OE radio is not working. I'm sending it out this winter to be fixed.

My girlfriend is young too I told her it's a custom IPhone holder

View attachment 229308

Smooth move and nice shifter by the way. Certainly means business.