Installing new headliner..Need tips

The Darkside

Heavy Metal Thunder
Well I'm starting another project because my sunroof seal was leaking & my headliner was totally shot!!!
I did manage to pull out the old headliner & the styrofoam board,but what is the best way to clean off the old sticky stuff ?I tried using a wire type brush & it cleaned off just about all the old foam,but I still have a sticky nasty residue on it.
Another problem:The old liner was falling apart really bad & just crumbled all over everthing including my seats.I vacuumed up all the loose stuff,but it seems to have a left a stain.Anyone have this problem & if so,what cleaner did you use to get it off ?
Any tips as to what's the best glue to use & where to get it would be appreciated also.I know that other have gotten the headliner material at Joanne's fabrics,so that's where I'll buy that at.

Thanks,The Darkside:cool:

Use a wire wheel on a drill and get 3M Super Sticky spray glue. Just do half at a time and it will go pretty easily.:) Not sure about the seats, that's a new one.

Took mine to a professional trim shop and had it done for $20.00 bucks. It looks great, check it out it might be worth going that route.