interior vent removal?

Maltman

I finally got the AC box out and the "major" vent component from the interior. Now, I'm trying to eliminate the upper vent system to make room.

Maybe it isn't worth the hassle, but I don't know what is holding this thing from coming out. I found all the visible bolts (I think) and it doesn't want to budge. Is this part of the dash? Do I even want to go any further?

Again, I thought it would be nice to get the extra room for wiring and what not, but if this is a bigger project than I imagined, then please let me know and I'll button everything up as is.

Also, what in the world can we do with the extra loom outside the firewall? I'm tempted to cut a 1' section out and reconnect the wires to shorten the loom...but I'd rather not. Anyone have a good clean-up idea for this?

Thanks

ahhh...nevermind...found some bolts up under the top panel of the dash (total of 4). With a little patience the entire vent system is removed without taking the entire dash off :D

...and wow....wiring and working under the dash is going to be so much easier now!!