internal vibrations

pwhite

ever since I had my motor rebuilt ( about 1000 miles or so)when the car gets above 4000 rpms I get 19* of knock . after running down all the usual suspects i found nothing. with c16 and 12 # of boost I still get the same 19* knock. recently I replaced the tranny with a turbo 400 manual vb. and when I dont shift the car the it pulls 19* of timing out a 4000 rpms( this is under no boost )
. took it to a local gn shop and they said with out going inside the motor they couldnt find anything but it was more than likely false knock and if proper fuel was ran just to disconnect the knock sensor. Ive been running 18 psi and alky for about 250 miles with no knock sensor and still no problems. I would like to figure the problem out and run a knock sensor.

any info would help

false knock

If I had posted a problem that I have had for a long time now it would read word for word like yours. I did exactly what you have tried, 116 octane, many electrical parts and so on, still up to 20 degrees retard right at 4000 rpm. I can do this in neutral any time, ritgt at 4000 rpm. Checked all the exhaust pipes, tranny lines, nothing. Replaced the driver header ( got tired of welding the leaking exhaust) which did make the car much quiter, but retard still there.
I'm going to remove and inspect the pass. side header as there seems to be a ticking sound coming from them. Who knows!!!