iPod Help Needed

Brutal Buick

Hey Guys ... My GF and I just recently bought a 80GB iPod Classic. My question is I don't want to keep all the songs stored on my computer...it is taking up all my hard disc space. Whenever I erase the songs from iTunes and put new ones on to sync to the iPod the old songs get taken off the player. How do I get around this? Please let me know ... I'm confused :confused: . TIA.

Jamie

they must stay in itunes or evertime time you sync to computer it will update.....also if you try to get songs off another computer it will replace your songs with there's.......get a external hard drive

you can try to tell it to only sync with certain folders

they must stay in itunes or evertime time you sync to computer it will update.....also if you try to get songs off another computer it will replace your songs with there's.......get a external hard drive

you can try to tell it to only sync with certain folders

You should have an external drive anyways...store all of your critical data on it for when your computers drive takes a dump. Just get one big enough to store all your data, music and videos on. 500GB units run around $100 now.

You can't mix two different libraries due to DRM and copyright. You can burn discs to get around it. How many songs in your itunes library now?

You should have an external drive anyways...store all of your critical data on it for when your computers drive takes a dump. Just get one big enough to store all your data, music and videos on. 500GB units run around $100 now.

Ditto.

I got a 500GB network drive and both my machines back up to it. It's a Buffalo drive that acts as a media server. My iTunes library is on it and both machines link to it - no songs are stored on the PCs at all.

Jim

Thanks guys. I guess I'll just have to leave it as it is. I didn't think I'd have to spend more $$$ after dropping $250 for the ipod :frown:

Jamie

good advice. the HD in my computer at home went belly-up a couple of months ago. lost everything on it. it was a Western Digital and it was less than two years old.