is it possible

Be VERY careful. there are way to many GN's with 150k miles being advertised with 50k miles. A good repaint and interior resto might have some buyers fooled. Even if the owner believes they are true miles might not be so. If they were taken when they bought it then they surely believe it is true. I see this way to often. Ya you can do a carfax but if the owner had it long enough and drove it enough it will be very hard to prove.

i would like to know if it is possible to get a 87 GN with under 50,000 miles for 15 grand? thanks for your help

i bought mine 2.5yrs ago with 30k original for 12k. the paint was faded but cleaned cleaned up nicely and there was a spot on the hood that was fixed,because someone closed the hood with a tool in it.

Kirban has a 49k we4 for sale on his web site for 13 grand.I think thats a good deal.In this section a guy from ohio was selling a 86 not 87 :rolleyes: but it had around 50k on for 12,500.I think if you look and maybe go see some around that price you maybe able to work something out.

Kirban has a 49k we4 for sale on his web site for 13 grand.I think thats a good deal.In this section a guy from ohio was selling a 86 not 87 :rolleyes: but it had around 50k on for 12,500.I think if you look and maybe go see some around that price you maybe able to work something out.

thanks. i have alreay talked to the guy with the we4. very nice guy and a nice car. he said he would take 12 but not any lower. it was going to be grand to ship it up to nj and i didnt want to pay that much for a we4. i am kinda picky and i dont need the car, i want the car so i can wait until i find the right one

I just found 87GN in auto trader for 14,900 with 62k.Its close to me in ohio.Not sure were you are but it could be a good deal.

what do you have more fun with the cobra or the tta? which is faster?

Cobra's are awesome cars...I wouldn't mind having one as a Daily Driver...But the TTA is the ultimate sleeper...When I take mine out,Every mustang,Import,Diesel Truck,And moped wants to beat up on the poor old slow 305 GTA...:D

It only takes a few seconds and they are left looking like...:eek: ...LOL.

When I would take the GN out...I couldn't buy a race.

If your looking for a nice TTA with alot of nice mods...12bolt Rear,brand New Built Trans,New Vigilante lock up conv,3" Downpipe,DeQuick front mount Intercooler,Ported heads and intake and more...Check out this post....located in Hazlet,NJ

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/239767-89-tta-sale-trade-gn-t.html

His ad is about 5th from the bottom on the cars for sale. GN in Chicago...
VERY NICE car for the money. I would seriously look at the car if it is in your price range. I will go to his ad and send it to the top for you.
Bryan

I bought my 87 in November with 39,000 miles for less than that. Deals are out there if you look hard enough and are patient.

Out in western Iowa at the in-laws on vacation and found a 43K Silver 87
T-Type advertised in the local newspaper for over the border in Nebraska. My wife says "no more cars"! Go to look at it and it is showroom and flawless and bone stock down to the grate in the intercooler intake. Even the carpet mats look like new and the aluminum door sills are like mirrors (my wife says "wow, we have to buy this car don't we?"). The elderly womern who owned it bought it new and hardly drove it because it scared her. The only thing wrong was the A/C was low on freon. Still had the original 215X65 Goodyear Eagle tires.

The owner asks if I thought $5500.00 was out of line!

The deals are out there, be patient.

Mikey

yes be carefull i thought i found my deal the other day,the car was listed as 50,000 miles ,but it had 53,000 back in 1991

yes be carefull i thought i found my deal the other day,the car was listed as 50,000 miles ,but it had 53,000 back in 1991

I agree, but CARFAX is a joke. I looked at a few with bad CARFAX reports, when the cars had low mileage. Just out of curiosity I ran CARFAX reports on my own vehicles (3) that I bought new (one was used). All three were inaccurate. I'd let the condition of the car be the number one factor. With old cars like this you really can never be 100% IMO.

thanks to everybody for the imput. i am still looking. the one in ch is real nice i am looking into price to have it shipped home. that places a part in the price of the car and i only have so much. i found one at a dealer but it sounds to good to be true, and you know what they say. i dont need a gn i want one so i cant wait for as long as it takes

1987 Gn 100% Stock 56000 Miles 12500

Attachments

• GNS 001.jpg
    GNS 001.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 73