Is my fuel pressure regulator bad??

rking

Just checking to what everyones opinion is on this...

I bought a FP reg off of a board member and finally got my car completed and fired up today. Well, the FP wont go lower than 100, no matter where I adjust it to, all the way in, all the way out on an accufab adjustable reg. :rolleyes: I confirmed the pressure on 2 different gauges, soooo, Im guessing I got a bad regulator...

Sound right to everyone else?

Possible, but maybe you have a restriction in your return line. How was the fuel pressure prior to this current regulator?

had the same type of problem,it was the diaphram being bad. you should be able to get the diaphram from the manufacturer for pretty reasonable. at least cheaper than a regulator

who sold you the regulator. thats Fed up

I contacted the seller and he has agreed to refund me and Im sending the regulator back. Thats why I prefer to deal with people on here as opposed to the good ole eBay...

He purchased it from someone, but never used it... So I cant really blame him, but I thank him for taking responsibility!

Did you try your other FP regulator to rule out other possible problems?

I cleaned the fuel lines out before I installed the engine... Nothing worse than running dirt right into a new setup! Anyhow, I have a new regulator on its way, so I will be installing it on Monday. I cant see what else would be causing this :confused: ...

I contacted the seller and he has agreed to refund me and Im sending the regulator back. Thats why I prefer to deal with people on here as opposed to the good ole eBay...

He purchased it from someone, but never used it... So I cant really blame him, but I thank him for taking responsibility!

right on. good man. thats why this board ROCKS