is the gas tank pressurized outside of the fuel pump?

Yah's 87

anyone with experience able to tell me if the actual tank holds pressure ? seems as though on the sending unit there is a vent tube so my guess is that it is not. I realize that the fuel pump makes the fuel pressure on the side towards the fuel filter, just wondering, thanks.

I like that ?
If not pressurized why dose it let off pressure when I open the gas cap?
It has done this all 6 years I have owned it
I will double check my pluming

Like any liquid in a container, if it warms and evaporates, the container can become pressurized if not vented.

if it's all sealed up, the tank will pressurize when the car just sits if the air temp goes up. it will be sealed up until either the cap is cracked open or the ecm tells the charcoal canister purge valve to open.

I must have a canister purge valve problem , or plug line ,tank is always under pressure when I stop for fuel

Might be a performance improvement to pressurize (with boost) the gas tank. HOWEVER..........it would be very hazardous. (and against NHRA rules), but it would help the pump, pump a lot more fuel.

just checked, line to tank must be plugged
thanks Yahs 87 for starting this thread

You may not have pressure in the tank. It could be a partial vacuum too. If the tank is well sealed and you remove 15 gallons of fuel it could be sucking in air when you open the tank to refill.