Is there a rebuild kit for an old atr wastegate?

djj624

901ca8f0b806ecaa1bb4dd71c45f4eb1.jpg
a156d0a11c89569c22b6c11dbc39364b.jpg
this is what iv got. Boost is stuck at 9/10 psi, no matter what adjustments I make. I have the stock adjustable unit but I'd have to buy another downpipe to make that work, and I really don't have the budget for another dp right now. Not looking to go 20lbs of boost or anything but would like to bring it up to 12 or so I don't think 9/10 was stock for these cars.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The gate is as rusty inside as the outside, and the shaft will never free up enough to be reliable as this issue is over 20 years old with the ATR gates.

Do the right thing and trash that gate and replace it with a modern one which uses a stainless shaft like the Tial gate which is a bolt-on piece.

Are there any gates that will fit this dp? I was told no because of the size of the atr gate but then I was told yes. Not sure which it is?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Your pipe is configured like the new TA external gate pipe which uses a Tial 38mm.

Take it apart, clean it up and make sure the diaphragm looks OK. Contact Kirban if you need a new diaphragm, as I heard he bought some from Richard Clark. Also make sure you don't have any exhaust leaks. I have an atr wastegate and can make 24 psi no problem.

Measure the distance between the flanges. I have a Turbonetics Race gate in great shape that should fit

Bryan

Anyone know of a direct replacement flange size wise. Probably just going to get a new one. Also which brand/vendor do you recommend?

Galaxy S7 Edge

Tial 38 is a direct replacement. I have the same downpipe and made the switch years ago and even made a couple bucks selling the old w/g here.